help id this usa stamp, my sight is going bad

Comments

• 8 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • Could be one of at least 10 different stamps. It ain’t easy when they are this old. It sure is pretty. Where did it come from?
  • Its a Scott #24, Type V. Large breaks at top and bottom of the oval, and ornaments at sides cut away (with side-scratches) visible. 100% 24.
  • That is what I thought also but the scan was so bad I was not able to be 100% sure.
  • Bill,
    Best thing to do is right click the image, then select "Open image in another tab", then hold the control key down, while scrolling with your mouse wheel to "zoom in" on the image. And then there is more than enough clarity so see that this guy is Type V.
    There are other ways (keyboard short cuts) to Zoom as well, but I like to just use the mouse wheel. The other possibility is to right click and download the image to your PC, where you can then bring it into another application like Photoshop to increase size (and clarity) with tools that are made for scaling images.
    Might seem like a lot of work, but that's how I do it when the item posted is of low scan rate.
  • Hey George, is that Types of 1c 1851 template something you made? I've not seen it arranged like this before, but very cool.
  • Not mine, but taken from elsewhere and now resides on my HD. Not sure, but it might have come from the USPCS.