The New Math - Amos Version

Check out Amos’s math skills, from their latest BS email about the new “improved” digital Scott Catalogue.
386A579B-105A-42F7-BCBB-B1F65638B28F

Comments

• 12 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • Well, some of those were dog years...
  • I saw that too. Thought that Amos is holding up pretty well for being that old. Plus if I could get a $600 per year subscription to my little stamp store from folks, I would be very happy. As the most famous Homer always says...."DOH!"
  • I hope "subscribing" to books doesn't become a trend. How bad would that suck if colleges and universities figured that out. The textbook market already sucks.
  • Too late Don, already happening.
  • Did a Bachelor, a Masters and a Doctorate and never bought a single text book... (nor rented). Never paid a penny for one.

• A comparison:
    SCOTT DIGITAL CATALOGUE: VOLUME 1-6 WORLD SET, Annual Subscription - $ 549.99 - -
    MICHEL Germany, the 16 MICHEL Europe and 20 MICHEL overseas volumes. Regular data updates expand the MICHEL-Online continuously. - EUR 162,62 ( $176.16) per year.
  • I've been thinking about changing to Michel because of the cost issue. Does anyone have any experience with both? How do the stamp values compare between the two?
  • Re the Michel Online database, a 10% discount is offered to members of some philatelic organizations, including APS.

Good luck, though, trying to access the free demo. I just went around in circles, following their instructions. They even have the demo login pre-filled with the login name and password, and it doesn't work.

If this is what can be expected from their online service, I think I'll pass. (And yes, I emailed them, explaining my problems. I'll see how that goes.)
  • edited April 2022 0 LikesVote Down
    For the price conscious, Stanley Gibbons offers an annual subscription to their Stamps of the World catalogue. Price is excellent and you can also keep an inventory/value of your own country collections. The only downside is no regular updates. Current catalogue version is 2019. It is updated about every 3 years to their latest catalogue. 2022 is apparently coming 'soon'.

I've subscribed to this for several years now and use it all the time. Certainly far better than purchasing the printed version, which with postage is approximately AU$700.00.

https://www.stanleygibbons.com/publishing/my-collection
    My Collection
    30-Day Free Trial
    £39.95 ANNUAL SUBSCRIPTION AFTER TRIAL PERIOD
    Compile a virtual album, organised with pricing from the world-renowned Stanley Gibbons Stamps of the World Catalogue. A good complement to the printed catalogues, My Collection is designed to give collectors a comprehensive view of all the issues they own.
    sotw
  • Hi Rod, I've just signed up for the 30-day free trial. They say it can take up to 72 hours to be activated, and I'm sure it will take the full 72 hours for me, as it is now Friday evening in the UK. I'm eager to see how well this works for me.
  • Hi Ted, excellent. It'll be good to read your findings.
  • My account just got activated. I’ll be playing around with it all weekend, now.