Little help please

I need to list a couple of sheets they measure 8" x 13". Such an odd size. I don't want to fold them for shipping. I found an envelope big enough to mail them flat, but I don't want to ship them just in an envelope. I've been searching for something like a glassine that I can sandwich in cardboard for shipping but can't find one that big. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Comments

• 6 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • There are "whole sheet" stamp protectors, though it's been several years since I have seen them. They are basically very large glassine pages big enough to hold a full sheet of stamps in them. This may be a pricey option though if this is the only one you need to ship. What I do is, I pull a page out from the central staple, one at a time, put the sheet in, cut the page to size, then reinforce them, pack them, and send.

The two I have, I got in a collection I bought about a decade ago, so not sure where to source them now...
  • You can also get a big white envelope that you would mail a card in and use that for the glassine. I do that sometimes.
  • I have about 5 of them, they are Canadian sheets. You'd think that I'd be able to find something from up there pre-made. I can't be the only person with the problem. After posting last night I did find glassine sheets that are 2' x 3'. I guess if it comes down to it, I could buy a couple of those and make something that would work. Or if I'm going down that path, I could buy normal sheet envelopes and put two of them together. Sometimes I just need to get out of my head and think less.

Thanks for the input guys.
  • Wax paper.
  • Won't wax paper leave residue on the sheet?
  • We call it wax paper, but its actually pan liner, baking paper or some call it parchment paper. There's no wax, but its smooth, moisture resistant, and a little thicker than glassine paper. I think it would be OK, but others may have reason to differ.