WTH is Wrong With Some People

Just tried a search for US #1, and was really PO’d with one dealer’s practice. All of his listings are for 6 crap used modern stamps; all the listings have meaningless mumbo jumbo in the title that don’t relate to the id of the stamps (WTH does “US #1 2 used PD” mean?) and, worst of all, in the item specifics he has put Catalog #: 1 and Year: 1847.

Does this guy really expect to divert customers looking for US #1 to his crap? What gall.

DADEE0B0-97A5-4D21-A6C7-6BF4BA2217C8

Comments

• 11 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • My happiest day was when I bought US #1. Just so I didn’t have to search for it anymore.
  • Okay, I looked at his store. I couldn't help myself. Do you think PD is for the store name? Why it's in the title is beyond me, but the only other thing I could come up with is Postal Delivery. IDK, beats the PD outta me.
  • Many of these listings appear to use the exact same images as well without a statement that they are "stock" images or such. I think this is a possible violation of the listing T&Cs. If I order several of those items at the same time, will I receive the same stamps that are shown in each image? How would that be possible?
  • edited April 2022 0 LikesVote Down
    I broused only two pages of a US 1 search and I've just found this fool trying to sell counterfeit stamps. I'm not going to say anything more, but I hope that some of us can find time to ask him to leave, politely, of course.....
    20220425_205156
  • I've also found the store that Ted brought up in the first post. I agree with everything said, but I'd point out that at least this is an otherwise honest dealer. He has 23,000+ listings, so he's not the common flutter-by, they seem to be honest stamps at honest prices, and PD are his initials, Peter Daye. He just has a darned dumb way of listing cheap stamps. They shouldn't be under US 1. But then there's a lot of other trash there, too.
  • Phil,

There are a lot of these counterfeit forever stamps out there on Etsy, eBay and other places. I am surprised that they are now showing up on here.
  • I don't disagree with you at all, Phil. It almost seems like someone else is listing these items (maybe a cat). He does have some really nice material at fair prices and seemingly well described for the most part. It does seem odd that there seems to be a necessity to put the "PD" in the listing though. I can't think of a reason for it but what do I know eh?
  • It maybe his way of keeping track of his listings. He may have listings on other places.
  • Try reporting the listing
  • Maybe PD is a quick way way to find his listings in a keyword search. I've seen it done on ebay.
  • Christopher, they need some way to find the listings, can't do it by catalog number