Range search

It would make a world of difference if the search engine could differentiate between #xxx -yyy (all item with numbers between xxx and yyy, as we currently have) and #xxx to yyy (only the full range of xxx to yyy, and no single items or partial range.
rrr...

Comments

• 13 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • I have had pretty good success with including the word "set". Something like UNITED STATES XXXX-YYYY SET. Sometimes I get more than bargained for, but most times it works good.
  • Good idea Don. This way at least it will pick up the limited ranges where the sellers had the good idea of adding SET to his/her description. But it will miss all the others. Still, wish our software could differentiate between xxx-yyy and xxx to yyy, and make it simpler.
    rrr..
  • Is anyone experiencing a bunch of problems using the sort routine?
    Here is the latest one.

12 listings found. Showing results 1 to 0.
    List viewGrid view

But there are none shown. Since I started after spotting one item, I know there should be at least one item showing.

rrr....
    As a general comment, the software seems to have deteriorated a lot. It is almost impossible to return to where you were last by using the back arrow.
  • I've seen that problem when searching my own listings.
  • I had that happen yesterday and discovered if you change the sort option from country and catalog number to most popular items then appeared.......
  • The back arrow is the worst item ever created.
  • Don't blame the back arrow... blame the developers who aren't tracking where you've been properly.
    Web development is significantly different from client/server (Desktop) development, or localized applications (desktop).
    It has a lot of hassle to make the experience seem "intuitive". It's the main reason the "browser" hasn't entirely replaced the PC yet.
  • Scott. Just to update you. My background is embedded software. I know nothing about web based anything. But I know how much the back arrow is despised.
  • It's a user interface issue, created by the browser makers themselves. Think of web browsing like looking through a catalog. You have to turn the pages forward and backward. That's the paradox like "time". it's easy to move forward, it's very difficult to move backward, yet intuitively, that's what people want to do.
    The issue remains, not the button itself, but in the lazy developing behind it because it is VERY complicated. (Or, at least it can be), and there are security issues in many cases where you don't want it to exist.
    So to me, this is a browser issue, not a back button issue.
  • Scott,
    It is the people developing the program.
  • I think that's what I just said...
  • Scott,
    Just affirming what you said. LoL
  • I feel so validated. :)