PNC

Does anyone have a price list for PNC's? Singles, Pairs, Mint and Used. Thanks, Len

Comments

• 6 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • edited August 2022 0 LikesVote Down
    Hi Len,
    I believe the Plate Number Coil Collectors Club is working on a comprehensive PNC catalogue with listings of retail value. It may not be published yet, or perhaps only available to members. Nevertheless, their web site, PNC3.org, has always been my go-to-place for PNC data.
    I have over 1500 listing for PNCs in my store: https://www.hipstamp.com/store/buybobstamps. PNCs were my best sellers when I first opened my store but my sales of PNCs have fallen off over time. Perhaps other sellers have undercut my prices. May be time for me to go have a look.
  • Who was it that decided that plate number coils needed to be collected in strips of five?
    I can see three, but why five. Was it just to sell more stamps.
  • There may or may not be a single collector responsible, but in general, PNC collectors simply prefer the PNC5 format.
  • Why 5? Why 3? Why not just one? Mine are 5 unless more are required
  • Folks collect all three sizes and then some. Many early issues are difficult as all get out to find as PNC5's since in the early days of collecting, PNC3's were the norm.