How can I clear my shopping cart?

I have been adding single stamp to my shopping cart which resulted in a few orders that I cannot complete and want to remove.

Can't spend the time to clear every single item (and some of those items have already been sold and are shown as no longer available).

Another issue I encountered is, I was shopping and adding items to the cart, then I wanted to proceed to check out. The system asked me to log in, and after I logged in, all those old obsolete would-be orders showed up, but the one I wanted to place now was gone, nowhere to be found!

Very frustrating to say the least.

Comments

• 8 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • Well, your new orders are backed up because of all the orders you did not deal with. You wrote that you don't have time to clear off all your old wish list. Umm. Sorry. Deal with it.
  • Hmmmm.

A person goes to Sam's Club. Wanders around for a couple hours chunking things into their massive oversized cart. Big screen TVs, a million rolls of toilet paper, a hundred pounds of turnips...maybe that big jug of fake cheeto balls and that case of frozen chicken thighs. Then just continues to wander around without ever going to checkout.

Then some dude comes along and says...hey! are you going to buy all that stuff? You took the last case of chicken thighs! I'm going to take them out of your basket and go to the checkout and buy them myself.

That stuff in your shopping cart is not yours until you actually BUY IT!!!!!! Same thing here. DUH!!!!!

• edited September 2022 1 LikesVote Down
    Under the listing there is "delete" and "save for later".

Delete removes it.
    Save for later will bring it back for purchase later.
  • So there is no way to clear the whole list?
    And those items that are on the list and are no longer available are not cleared automatically.

That is pretty poor programming.
  • Why would you have a shopping cart full of items you don't intend on buying?

That is pretty poor planning.
  • Jules,

The shopping cart is NOT designed to be a long term storage unit. There is another function that you can use that you can remove them fairly easily and it is designed for that type of function and that would be the watch list. On your watch list you can sort them out by closed listings, sellers and you can easily send them to your cart when you are ready to purchase them. To add them to your watch list there is a blue box under the add to cart box on the listing page. Those would be under the watching link under buyers tools.
  • The quickest (practically instantaneous)way to empty your shopping cart is to click on "Proceed to Checkout." The benefit of this method is that, at the same time, you are growing your collection.

The next quickest methos is, on a desktop, right click the "Delete" button and select "Open in new tab." (Make sure your browser is set to stay on the current page when the new tab opens.) Just go down the list right clicking Delete/Open in new tab, without ever going to the new tab.

After the last listing, right click on your current tab and select "Close tabs to the right." Then, refresh your current (shopping cart) page. Voila! Empty.
    The benefit of this method is you avoid the risk of Bentley surepticiously pressing the "Proceed to Checkout" button and spending your rent money.
  • You know, back in the day we used to do all this with lists printed on paper and the U.S. Mail. And personal checks. You write some guy for a list and he sends it back. Then you send him an order with a check and he waits for the check to clear and then he sends you the stamps. And photos? Hah!!!!