The stupid pop up is driving me nuts

The pop-up that keeps coming up is driving me crazy. It keeps on asking me to get 15% off on my next order if I sign up for texts and I click no thanks but it keeps on coming while I am trying to do work on my store.
I do not want texts and I do not care about 15% off becasue I am trying to sell items and not buy but I can't stop it.

Comments

• 25 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • Try a different browser - I get a popup every time I go to the Members area with Windows 10 but not when I use my Mac running Opera. Too bad this site can't revert back to a no-nonsense adult site like Stampwants and Bidstart were instead of a kid's playground.
  • You beat me to posting about this recurring pita !. Yep, irritating as hell !
  • edited October 2022 3 LikesVote Down
    I am still using windows 7 with Firefox. George, Yes it is a complete PITA.

I am usually able to stop the PITA pop-ups with my settings or with ABP but this one if I use ABP it highlights the whole page.

This needs to be taken care of and stop doing these childish non-sense.
  • edited October 2022 2 LikesVote Down
    When they ask me for my phone number to text I say no thanks but it still keeps popping up.

Why does this keep popping up when I say no thanks. Bad programing again.
  • It is still showing up even though I said no thanks and I am sure this is turning buyers off to the whole site.
    Not good for Hipstamp especially if PAS wants to sell here.

Very poor programing by the IT people.
  • I add my clamorous voice to the screeching mob. (I couldn’t apply even if I wanted to, as I don’t have a mobile phone.) When I say, “No, thanks,” I mean “No, thanks.” Please fix this.
  • I got so tired of the pop-up that I went to watch commercials on TV...
  • Phil,

I know people are getting turned off by that annoying pop-up and they will do what you do and leave the web-site.
  • edited October 2022 0 LikesVote Down
    Phil, don't miss the new Pete Davidson Taco Bell ad. Haunting and weird but what do I know eh?

I think that pop up only happens on Android and I-Toy browsers doesn't it? I get them too on my phone but not in my PC browser. Is there a way on those platforms to block pop ups maybe? I don't really know.
  • I never get this.
    Perhaps you should consider an add blocker...
  • Looking into this a bit more. Using Chrome on my phone where I previously would get those HipStamp pop ups, I found a setting that will block the pop ups. In Chrome, under "settings" then under "Site Settings" you can enable the blocking of pop ups and redirects (turn it on and it will say "allowed" but that means it allows for the blocking of pop ups) Give that a try and see if it helps. When I enabled this on my phone, the pop up stopped. I would think other browsers would have similar settings too.
  • Could be that... I have that enable on my browser (Chrome) on my PC as well, but also Adblock Plus installed. :)
  • Well with Firefox they have seemed to get around the ad blocker and it is very annoying.
    Like I said before if they do not take care of this APS will not be coming to HipStamp
  • Yup, easy fix. Just use Chrome. And StampStore is coming to HipStamp regardless although I think they announced they are delayed until December.
  • I don't use chrome because Google already has enough info on me and I do not need any more government snooping about what I do.
  • If you read any reviews of browsers you will find that one of the worst is chrome for privacy issues because Google tracks and compiles everything that you do and then uses that to bombard you with adds etc.
    They also sell you browsing history to other companies for their use and it has been said that they also have let the government know what you are doing if they should ever inquire.
    When I was in college prep school 1984 was required reading. Big Brother IS watching.
    I found a pop up blocker that Mozilla recommends and I will let you know how it does.
  • edited October 2022 1 LikesVote Down
    Bill, if you're already using google for "other services", then they've already got it. Using Chrome won't give them anything they don't already have...
    AND, you think the others are any different?
    They're just selling your data to Google anyway.
  • Red light cameras, security cameras everywhere, etc. Big Brother has been watching us for years. Nothing different from computer browsers essentially. In fact, BIg Brother is watching me now just by writing this.
  • Put down that cookie Greg... I can see you.
  • Nom nom nom....
  • Well that pop up blocker did not work. It still keeps popping up.

I erase all of my cookies every nite before I shut down and yes I do use google to search but I try to avoid it as much as I can.
    My lap top has tape over the the camera for when I use it and most of my work is done on one of my desk tops.
  • Try Ad Remover as your ad blocker. Works great for me and you can opt in to accept ads for a particular site if you need or want them.
  • I have ABP and it works for pop-ups but not this one and I am not going to pay for something to block one thing.