Mail to the U.S from Great Britain?

Anyone here in the U.S. getting any mail from Great Britain? I did a purchase from someone here who was not very cooperative and after two months I requested and got a refund. The interesting thing is that GB has not had a strike since December but Royal Mail halted all international shipments around January 12th or 13th after they got hacked. International shipments have supposedly resumed about a week ago but when I look at the tracking on the package I see that it traveled only 172 miles within GB in it's first 10 days and there is nothing after that. Just wonder is anyone here has been getting anything. I need to order some things from GB but am a bit gun shy after the last attempt.

Comments

• 6 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • I'm in Canada, and I had a parcel of stamps from GB take about 40 days to arrive in London, Ontario, Canada. At first tracking the parcel would show it at the point of mailing, then it just disappeared. It never did show up on the Canada Post tracking. Frustrating, but I've had shipments from the East Coast of the US take just as long. They seemed to sit at a Jamaica, NY sorting plant.
  • I am sorry to say but we just have to get used to the VERY slow mail service to and from the UK. I do not see it improving any time soon. There will no doubt be some differing views and someone is bound to disagree with me but what you, Todd, have experienced is the current norm based on our experience, all be it from a different country By example I have material I consider urgent shipped to me via courier. That way I get it. small extra cost but reassured we get it.
    Had I waited for postal services I still would not have what I wanted and that is proven by me still waiting for over two months now for even family mail from the UK. And worse still, we have seen orders from the UK practically stop. People just not buying because I guess they have no idea when international mail will arrive. Again, if you want to disagree with me go ahead I am just telling you our experience. Am visiting UK in a few months, we will be carrying orders, even bought an extra large suitcase only yesterday :-) - surely we will get some hahahahaha :-) and mailing direct in the UK. patience is all I can suggest. all the best... Michael ... https://www.hipstamp.com/store/cddstamps

• What Michael said, and the US as well... "Covid" has allowed new "norms" that will never improve (though may continue to decline) in a system that was already bad. The world will have to adjust, or some new hero delivery service needs to take over.
  • I received a shock of my life yesterday The stamp collection that I ordered left Rotterdam on Monday afternoon and arrived at my house in California yesterday on Wednesday afternoon UPS.
  • Thanks to all. These "new norms" have become constant reminders of just how good life was before. Local dealers I spoke with recently all said that the surest way to have delays with the USPS was to mail with any services besides first class. I saw this recently with a registered & Insured item I sent to NY. It took 11 days be delivered (confirmed by emailing the recipient). Now 18 days later, the tracking still does not show it delivered and the request for an update I made 2 weeks ago has not been answered by the USPS.
    Royal Mail is more frustrating because as an international recipient, I can't request it be searched for. They require the sender make that request, and as in the case of my recently refunded transaction, the sender refused to do it, feeling that once he put it in the mails, his responsibility ended.
    So, it sounds like UPS or another courier service may be my best option for getting something in a reasonable time frame from GB.
    Michael, what courier do you use from GB or Europe.