More negativity from Stamporama folks towards Hipstamp

I just don't get it. Any Stamporama members here? If so...please go there and speak up.

Comments

• 13 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • John,

Just remember there are some folks that just like to act like grumpy old goats. Take what some of them are saying with a 40 lb bag of salt.
  • edited March 2023 2 LikesVote Down
    I read Stamporama regularly, but I'm not a member. I have noticed there are some very vocal folks that feel Stamporama is the cat's meow for all things, especially buying and selling stamps. I'd sooner eat cardboard

And there are those there that feel HS is somehow "overpriced." Well, they are folks used to paying 7c a stamp. I've looked through the sale books there, it is probably a great place to get rid of leftover kiloware...

• I was a member for a number of years, but quit when they went to paid membership. While I don’t want to paint them with a broad brush, it only takes a few grumpy old men to make it not worth my money.
  • The problem is that some might consider that "overpriced". Apparently the poster claiming he couldn't find any Japanese stamps reasonably priced as he wouldn't pay full CV or 2 to 3 times CV for those offered doesn't know how to search for minimal valued stamps. Many start at 1 cent. In fact, nearly 46,000 stamps are listed for 50 cents or less. This is 56.7% of the total stamps listed for Japan.
  • What Ted said.
  • I don't see any negativity towards HipStamp in that discussion.
  • Not early on...the more recent posts. The "concept" one kinda poked me. Ahh....but I'm Irish....we get our dander up quickly.
  • Well, you look at it this way. It's nice to be noticed. :smiley:
  • The O'Connor-Tiegs wedding was celebrated yesterday at Alll Saints. A wonderful reception followed across the street at West Town Bowling. Among the injured were......
  • Phil...get back on the meds!
  • Lol Phil !
  • Okay, there are a couple of different discussions on SOR with HipStamp comments. I now saw the one that is in question here.