My reaction to Hipstamp after about two months of usage

Somebody rescue me! I am addicted to this website! I have never been able to purchase stamps and covers for my collection like I can now. I used to go to the local stamp dealer or try ordering through Herrick's or Mystic. That was pretty hit and miss. Now I search for what I want, select exactly what I want and what I'm willing to pay for it. I spend hours hunting and watching and then buying. Nothing expensive, but even many lower priced items add up after a while! I love it!!! I have had sellers really treat me well as a whole, and l;am very pleased with my purchases. Just thought I would post this so if anyone is thinking about using this site to purchase stamps for their collection, this is a GREAT place!

Comments

• 13 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • Hi John! We're glad you're here. Love your positive attitude. Spread the word.

Jeri
    https://www.hipstamp.com/store/jers-stamps
  • Thanks Jeri!
  • Same here, all good.
    There is really good items here.
    Only one purchase never turned up, recently, from US to Australia. But with Christmas and all the associated dramas it's still on it's way somewhere probably.
    HipStamp is way superior to BidStart. BidStart was a FLOP, never in the race. The word BidStart should dissapear and never be heard of again.
    Sam
  • You only got to see the tail end. It was the end all and be all before the changes and the sale.
  • Couldn't agree more, Doug. I sure miss the "items I've Sold" page. Made picking and packing orders so easy. It takes me 2 to 3 times as long to fill a large order now. We could fill the order, contact the buyer & leave feedback all in one place.
    Also, we knew at a glance our sales for the month and other pertinent info. Guess we were spoiled!
  • well sadly, I have come to a grinding stop--about 20 sales, sorry don't ship over seas, guess my prices are way too low--
    staff have been an excellent help--not looking good for my bottom line-----
    Happy New Year!!!
  • "Couldn't agree more, Doug. I sure miss the "items I've Sold" page. Made picking and packing orders so easy. It takes me 2 to 3 times as long to fill a large order now. We could fill the order, contact the buyer & leave feedback all in one place.
    Also, we knew at a glance our sales for the month and other pertinent info. Guess we were spoiled! "
    Jeri, you are so right!
    I keep saying it: if it is not broken, do not fix it!
  • I'm not sure where this thread is going, but I still love using Hipstamp! I am finding it so easy to build out my collection with precisely the stamps I want and need. There may be glitches in the overall program, but most software has those. I for one am really happy with the way it works, with the integrity and helpfulness of the sellers. I am really having FUN! And for me that is what collecting stamps is all about!
  • I like HipStamp(live in Australia), I purchased yesterday software that has the scott numbers and descriptions for ALL British Commonwealth,
    Cost me CANADA$149 but it's exactly what I want.
    Luv HipStamp
    Sam

• edited January 2017 1 LikesVote Down
    Cool Samuel! Whatever makes your collecting more enjoyable is important. I love being able to communicate with stamp collectors and sellers from all over the world on Hipstamp. After almost seventeen years of dormancy in my stamp collecting, I have, thanks to Hipstamp, renewed my passion and enjoyment of the hobby with a vengeance (meant positively and not angrily)! I am even trying to get my seven year old grandson involved. The stamps that sellers have been using as postage on my stamp purchases I pass on to him. He is even creating his own album pages of countries. Working to try to teach him where the countries are in the world too.
  • John, I just love that he's interested in stamps. Great way to learn Geography without realizing it. And the history is so wonderful. Just out of curiosity, what is your grandson's favorite country?
  • Luree, I don't think he know enough about any country to really have one yet. But since his great grandmother was from Germany, and I am from Austria, I would probably be lobbying for those two. Tee Hee :) John
  • Awesome. I'm sure he'll learn a lot from you.