3 giant steps back in the shopping cart.

edited February 2017 in Chatter 1 LikesVote Down
It was perfect before, now it is virtually unusable.
Cannot sort stores alphabetically
Cannot update the shopping cart (just one item at a time)
Cannot find a store even when you save an item and click on view the shopping cart...it takes you to the top of page 1 and not the store.
Cannot find a particular store to close a sale, without paging 10 at a time
Every time you delete an item you are sent back to the top
There is more... but this alone says, GO BACK PLEASE TO YOUR OLD SOFTWARE.

I currently have 900 items and if I save a few more stamps as I close in on the critical mas I look to reach to buy (usually $20) and if I decide it is time to settle with that seller, I have to page 10 items at a time through 13 pages (now) to try to find the store I wish to close a purchase.
And I may miss it, as it pages not by store, but by item.

Please restore the previous software, as the shopping cart has become worthless in its current version.

Quite frankly, the shopping cart, which worked beautifully before, is now so unfriendly that I will save everything in my want list rather than in it, as it stands. Can I delete one store at a time? Can I delete the whole thing? I feel I have invested so much time, and it is now lost time!

rrr...

Comments

• 17 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • I'm inclined to agree with this.
  • edited February 2017 0 LikesVote Down
    Hi Ralph,

Thanks for the feedback. As you have noticed, over the past month we've been rolling out a new checkout experience, which we've built based on feedback we've received over the past year, and have been fine-tuning new features as we continue to roll out the new checkout experience.

(Note that not all members will currently see the new checkout).

Some of the key new features of our new checkout experience include:

- You can now checkout with up to 10 Sellers at once, meaning that instead of having to checkout 10 separate times, and go to PayPal 10 separate times, you can now do this once per every 10 Sellers. Of course you still have the option to checkout with any specific Seller as well.
    - You can also view up to 10 Sellers on a page at once, making it easier to view more of the items in your cart at once.
    - You can now see which items in your Cart are no longer available:
    Cart - No Longer Available
    - Items can now be Saved for Later, moving them out of your cart and into your Watch List.
    - You can now pay with PayPal Credit
    - It's easier to pay by Credit Card
    - You can now go directly to any Seller's Store from the Cart page

There are many other new and enhanced features as well.

However, one of the reasons in which we have been rolling out our new checkout experience in batches across members, is to ensure we can identify any items we may not have considered for specific cases.

For example, the majority of our users do not have items from more than 10 Sellers at a time in their carts, so they're generally not seeing more than 1 page of results in the cart. Even with 2 or 3 pages, this is easy to manage. However, in your specific case, since you have items from over 100 different Sellers in your cart, you're seeing more than 10 pages of results, which may present a few different challenges, so it's very helpful to hear your feedback.

Based on your feedback, which is all very helpful, there's quite a few items here which are not available in either the old or new checkout experience, but are helpful nonetheless to consider for further enhancements. The one specific item which you could do before, which you can't do currently is select a specific Seller from all 100 Sellers you currently have items in your Cart from a list. We'll review this shortly to ensure you can easily accomplish the same goal in our new checkout experience.

Just a couple of other quick notes:

Cannot sort stores alphabetically
    - You could not do this in the old checkout either, but we'll review this as well.
    Cannot update the shopping cart (just one item at a time)
    - This only applies to the quantities you can request for an item. Previously you could update the quantities in bulk. However, the overwhelming majority of items have only a quantity of 1. So you would simply receive an error, and have not way of knowing which items had multiple quantities available. Now you can easily see this because only those items with a multiple quantity will have a dropdown box to change the quantity - and only to the quantities available.
    Cannot find a store even when you save an item and click on view the shopping cart...it takes you to the top of page 1 and not the store.
    - This is part of the new checkout experience, being able to click on view in cart, and was not previously available in the old checkout experience. However, this should definitely take you to the correct page. We'll get this updated soon.
    Cannot find a particular store to close a sale, without paging 10 at a time
    - As noted above, this is an excellent piece of feedback for buyers who have items from 100 Sellers in their carts. We'll review this shortly.
    Every time you delete an item you are sent back to the top
    - Also the same as the old checkout, but again also helpful feedback
  • edited February 2017 1 LikesVote Down
    Mark: Thanks again for always listening and for your positive response. Live beta testing...I did not know you did that!

Here are a few more problems, since you indicate that you are reviewing the shopping cart prior to general release:

The feature of paying 10 sellers at a time is of no use to me. I shop one store at a time when I reach the critical $ amount needed by me to close a purchase.

You total the page invoice $ total for the 10, but you don't give each individual seller total. Now that is what I need and use, because my paying on accumulated material is keyed to my reaching a critical mass in each store, (currently $20), so I need to see the store total as you had before, and not the page total. I can get to it by individual store clicking, but I have 100s of stores...so I am not likely to like this method. Incidentally I can also update each store for material no longer available...but what about updating the whole shopping cart? An item sold is no longer of interest to the buyer (except as a reminder).

If you are attached to the 10 sellers per page check out feature, why not order them either by newest first, or by highest $ amount first! (or both if you wish to give us the option)

A summary list of all stores in the shopping cart (and the accumulated $ item in each) would be an additional nice feature to have.

I used to find a specific store in the past by simply adding an item (I could easily delete it...but this allowed me to get immediately to the store). This adding an item would push that store to the top of the sequential list. I am not sure what the 10 stores per page organisation is, but it is of no use as it stands.
    Having your last added item(s) appear first was a very useful feature, critical to how the shopping cart was being used. Now I have no idea where the last item(s) I just saved and those store are.
    Since this last activity is usually indicative of my current interest, this is where I am most likely to close my purchases as soon as I reach my critical mass.

The number of clicks required seems to have increased, and I am a firm believer of less clicks whenever possible. Look at what is needed when you add an item to the shopping cart, and also to the want list. Too many back and forth, and then getting back where you started. In the design of the pages, for example, I often end (page) down to get to the end of a list. Now I have to end(page) down, then page up once, because all the material listed at the end takes so much room in your spacious layout, that you just don't see the last item. Yes I know...cleaner design, but a pain in the butt for efficiency proponents.

A link from favorite sellers to the shopping cart for these sellers would be a welcome addition.

More as soon as I get back to actively working on my list...I know there were more functional issues I noticed the last time I bought from the shopping cart.

I was also (as I periodically do) culling my list, eliminating items and sellers I had just a few items or $ in my cart, or items I had purchased elsewhere, or had been there for years. Being able to easily review these (low interest) items and stores would help. I know this next request is hard to implement, but if I bought an item (country, cat #) in some other store at Hipstamp, it would be nice if I could have an indication (or delete it) from my shopping cart. Yes I know..way too complicated!

Thanks again for always watching!

Rrr...

• Mark, I second Ralph's thanks for your prompt and detailed response. Much appreciated. Like Ralph, "I shop one store at a time when I reach the critical $ amount needed by me to close a purchase," so I also have many dozens of stores represented in my cart at any given time, many of them containing just one item each! (Don't know how common a practice this is with other users.)
    Doug
  • Just a quick note - your newest activity should be displaying first, but it looks like there was a small issue here which we've now resolved. Please let me know if you're not seeing you newest activity on the first page.
  • yeah it works now.
    rrr
  • edited March 2017 1 LikesVote Down
    Hi Ralph,

We've made a few updates which should make the new Shopping Cart experience significantly better for yourself, as well as other Sellers who have multiple pages of results (ie: 10+ Sellers in their Shopping Cart).

1) When you click on View in Cart from an Item Listing page, you will go directly to the correct page in your Cart.

2) At the top of the Shopping Cart page where it says, for example:
    Items from 105 Different Sellers found.
    You can now click on "105 Different Sellers", and you'll see the following window:

105 Different Sellers

From here, you can not only view a list of all of the Sellers you have items in your Shopping Cart from (as you could before), but you'll also see the number of items, and the subtotal you have within each cart. You can also sort by either Store, Number of Items or Subtotal, and then click to view just that specific Seller's items within your cart.

So for example, if you're waiting until you get to $20 before you make a purchase with a Seller you can now instantly see this, and sort by Subtotal to bring all of those Sellers to the top of your list.
  • Excellent. Many thanks.
  • Fantastic Mark!
    rrr
  • 3 thumbs up. :smiley:
  • As I am a luddite, I looked at the forum after sending off an email enquiry regarding one of the recent cart changes. I am pleased to say that it seems my personal issue has been well and truly discussed and resolved. Thank you.
  • edited March 2017 0 LikesVote Down
    Interesting. Looks like you've taken the shopping cart function a step ahead of ebay's.
  • Why does the picture at the top show here but not in my store. About every 10th stamp comes up (picture not Available. This has been going on now for about 2 weeks or more. FRUSTRATION 100% SATISFACTION 0% Gramps
  • Charles, it does show up in the store, just not in the preview box. Hover the mouse over the box and the image appears; double click on the box and a window opens with the image. I don't know why the preview image doesn't appear, though.

Ted
  • I just had that happen to two of my listings. Justin at customer support told me that it was probably because the image got corrupted during the upload. I deleted the images from my hard drive and created new ones. Then I went to each listing and edited them by deleting the image in the listing and uploading the new image. That fixed it. The new images appear in both the preview box and the magnified image box.
  • Michael That is exactly what I have to do.
    Mark and Justin Do you have any way of fixing this. Curious!