Implementedvacation message

I would be nice to have the ability to leave a message when on vacation, i.e., date the items will be shipped upon return.

Comments

• 9 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • Agreed. When I set vacation mode, it is typically for less than a week, but I'm coming up on a longer trip, and I don't want people to become discouraged with non-receipt of something they purchase early in my travels.
  • I also think the message is not that prominent. Seems like when I am in Vacation Mode, I get more orders than when not in Vacation Mode.
  • Exactly what happened to me when I took off on vacation...in the early days I received 5 orders, but I was able to send a Email to each customer, but if you go to a "strange" country with no internet....
  • I have never noticed an increase or decrease in sales when in the vacation mode. It would just be nice to notify the customers of when they can expect shipment at the time they place their order. I don't want to be emailing individual customers when I am trying to enjoy a vacation!
  • When I am on vacation I don't use the regular vacation, I use the extended, that way they can't purchase until I return. That saves a lot of headaches......
  • We have added an optional Vacation Return Date which you can set when placing your Store On Vacation Mode - which will be displayed to the buyer accordingly.
  • Mark - thanks for adding this functionality. I agree with the earlier comments about the uncertainty, and this solves that issue.

Rob
  • Excellent addition!