How's your STAMPWANTS 'recall'? ••• A FREE COVER to those of you with great memories!

Comments

• . . . and the judges' decision is . . .
  • DING! DING! DING! We have a winner!

Yes! It was "Sholly Wallaby", for some reason, even though he sure looks like a Kangaroo to me! :smiley:

Sholly Wallaby

I'm so glad you made it here, Doug! You're our final winner!!

Congratulations to you, Jeri, Luree, Dave, Ted, Michael and Kurt!! The old gang comes through!

I'll post images of the other mascot suggestions sometime soon.

Thanks for playing, everybody!
  • Thanks for the challenge, Dave! What a great walk down memory lane (or blind stumble for some like myself).
  • Thanks Dave! It was fun!

Didn't you have a drawing with all the final contestants from the contest?
  • Congrats, Doug. I'm glad you checked in. What a fun week we've had.
  • Didn't you have a drawing with all the final contestants from the contest?

Stay 'tooned! :wink:
  • Congrats to all winners. Thank you, Dave. Felt like "Old Times".
  • edited August 2017 0 LikesVote Down
    Let's take a look at some of "The Unremembered" (sounds sorta like a horror movie!)

I wish I could tell you who suggested some of these. First is "Cubby", who I think came with the suggestion to have him riding a skateboard to attract youngsters to collect!

Cubby

I think this next "Vampire Beaver" was some kind of joke that grew out of the Beaver suggestion that Karen McNeill had made.

Fanged Beaver
  • In addition to the Inverted Jenny . .

Inverted Jenny

. . . someone also suggested an Inverted Monkey!

Inverted Monkey

-- wearing Fred Flintstone's suit, apparently! ???

• Hi David.

I received the cover today. Thank you very much for sharing your artwork with us.

Regards, from one of the many who recognize and appreciate your talent!

Michael
  • Here are a few more --- I don't remember from whom these suggestions came.

The next two didn't get the color treatment -- maybe these weren't serious contenders - Scotty Wombat and Stuart Walrus . Their initials were SW !

Scotty Wombat
    Stuart Walrus

I also can't remember why a different Walrus got a fancier treatment as a Stamp Fisherman!
    WalrusFisherman

Maybe because on StampWants we went 'fishing for stamps' for our collections??
  • Thanks for showing these, Dave!

(I think I'm a fan of Scotty Wombat.)

(Although I'm pretty sure I've seen Stuart Walrus at some of the local stamp shows!)
  • :smiley: :smiley:

I think all that's left now for me to show are two 'group' pictures of the nominees when we were apparently voting on which ones we liked best. I'll try to get to them when my "real job" eases up a bit!!
  • Those who didn't have time to look carefully at this thread should make the time. What great art work and the careful thought put into these takes my breath. As collectors we all try to preserve history and this is certainly a bit of history from this site. Long may we preserve it! Don't tear down this statue!
  • Phil said
    (I think I'm a fan of Scotty Wombat.)

That's EXACTLY the same thought I had!!!! :-)
  • Dave, you are awesome!! Cover arrived today - thank you, thank you!!!! Another beautiful piece of artwork for my treasure box. Now if I could only fit YOU in there, my "TOONS" collection would be complete :)

Thanks, again for the great memories & the fine cover.
  • What a nice sentiment, Jeri . . but these days I don't fold up and fit into an envelope as well as I used to! :smile: :wink:

I'm glad you liked the cover! Just a small part of the fun we all used to have here (when it was StampWants!)
  • Dave, I too received my cover today. Thank you so much for all you do. Totally awesome and will also be on display for a short while and then into my Bennettoons album.

I will be wearing a silly little grin for a few days!
  • You look so cute that way!! :smile: :wink:
  • As the curtain closes on this little exercise in memory, here are two 'group shots' that were done for the Mascot competition 9 years ago.

The first one was called "Round One Winners" (I guess there was no Round Two) when the 'cute' Inverted Jenny got the most votes.

Round One Winners

And the final picture was called "The Last Album Page", a fitting end to this nostalgic little entertainment!

Thanks for making it so much fun, everyone!

The Last Album Page
  • Thank you so much for sharing all the fun and wonderful mascots. They all deserve to win!
  • Got mine, today, also. Thanks a bunch, Dave.
  • Boy that USPS is on a roll. Got mine too today.

Looks even better in person, Dave. Thanks!
  • edited September 2017 0 LikesVote Down
    Ok, earlier copy/pasted and then posted in a rush. This is what I meant to put down. Should make a little more sense this time, duh...

- - -

Phil said
    (Although I'm pretty sure I've seen Stuart Walrus at some of the local stamp shows!)

That's EXACTLY the same thought I had!!!! :-)
  • Dave --

Thanks very much!!

Through the powers of USPS Informed Delivery, it was delivered to my PO box, but I couldn't get there until today to pick it up. And I'm happy to report that it arrived safe and sound!

Thanks very much for dreaming this up!

- - - - - -

Kurt: lol!
  • edited September 2017 0 LikesVote Down
    Kurt said, "Ok, earlier copy/pasted and then posted in a rush. This is what I meant to put down. Should make a little more sense this time, duh...

Ah ha -- that does make more sense, Kurt! Originally I thought maybe you and 'Phil' were both members of some 'Man/Wombat Love Society'! :wink:
  • It always pays to take a couple seconds to prufread prooofred prouffread
    proofread what you type.

• that was great, Kurt! Had me giggling. ;)
  • Kurt I am trying to figure out which one of those is write, rite, right?