Ultra or bright ultra?

I have to break down and admit I am not good at judging colors. Would you call the color of this stamp "ultra" or "bright ultra"? In particular, with the picture I'm including, the stamp is either Great Britain #131 or 148, I think. Is there a particular forum/place to ask about identifying stamps? I'm pretty good at not seeing things right before my eyes here in HipStamp....
Ultra

Comments

• 6 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • I think I answered my question. I see that one is perf 14x14, and the other 15x14. This is 14x14, but my guess as to the color would have been bright ultra. Looking at various pictures of some of these listed here doesn't really help at all.
  • GB Scott #148 was not issued until 1911 and since your stamp has an "05" date on it for 1905 #148 would be eliminated as a choice. There is also a diff. on the perfs if the postal clerk somehow made an error which I would find it hard to think he could make such a large error in date then there are perf. differences #148 is perf. 15x14 and #131 is perf. 14. Your photo indicates it is a #131a the dull ultra.
  • By the way your answer to your own question didn't appear on my computer until after I had tried to answer your question and had posted my answer. Thus the duplicate info about the perfs. Looks like you are having fun with your stamps and this great hobby.
  • The bright ultras I've seen (not of this stamp, but others) are an unmistakably "bright," electric blue. Right now I'm tackling a German issue which comes in minor number color variations, yellow brown (i.e. ochre). and ochre brown (i.e. yellow brown brown). :neutral:

Michael##### when are you going to by Scott and fix all their nonsense?
  • Colour ex scanner shown over net depends very much on the monitor of the person viewing it,its amazing how a monitor (not the scanner) can alter the colour.
  • Actually it looks blue to me!