Bulk Change of Categories

edited December 2017 in Questions 0 LikesVote Down
I had over 400 items moved into HipStamp from a CSV file. Now I find that the majority have been placed in the wrong category. I want to bulk move all items from whatever category they are in, to Canada. There doesn't seem to be a simple solution for this. One-at-a-time will take forever. Any suggestions??
Thank you,
Steve
Moreland Revenue Stamps

Comments

• 5 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • Steve, here are the instructions how to do that, using the bulk lister. This is from a post by Mark, in June.

Mark RosenbergMark Rosenberg STAFF June 8 0 Likes
    To update your listings in this way:

Step 1 - Export Your Listings:
    From the Members Area > Selling > Listings > Open section select the arrow next to the top checkbox and then select the option to "Select All XX Matching Listings"
    Scroll to the bottom of the page and click on the Export button, and wait to receive an email that your file is ready, which you can download from the Members Area > Selling > Seller Tools > Reports section

Step 2 - Open the Export (CSV) File and Make Your Changes:
    Using Excel, WPS Office, or Libre/Open Office, open the CSV file and make the changes you want.
    Note: Do not remove or add any columns, just leave everything you don't want to change as-is
    Note: Some fields can only have certain values, be sure to review this here: https://www.hipstamp.com/members/tools/bulk-lister/?filter=structure

Step 3 - Upload the file to the Bulk Lister
    Upload your file and select the "Default: Update Existing Listings by ID" template
    Click submit, leave everything as-is on the next page, and click submit again.

Wait for the file to process, and your listings will be updated accordingly.

Note: While you should not remove or add any columns, you can update just a few listings at a time. So for example, if you wanted to update 10 or 100 first, just delete the rows for the rest of the items.
  • Thank you, Ted! I will work on this.
    Happy new year!
    Steve
  • I have made the required changes with Open Office, but get the following errors when trying to upload.

'(Req) Item Title' is required and cannot be empty.
    '(Req) Main Category' is required and cannot be empty.
    '(Req) Description' is required and cannot be empty.
    '(Req) Images' is required and cannot be empty.
  • Steve,

Make sure when you saved the file, you kept it saved as a csv file, and you did not delete any columns. If you're still having an issue, click on the Contact Us link at the bottom of any page, and we'll review your file for any possible issues.
  • Hi,had the same problem with Office so switched to WPS Office,problem solved.