Should we continue to list

Hi Mark. It was a wonderful day when I received your e-mail. Thank you. My question is, while the motion is pending should we continue to list or wait?
Harry Buehne

Comments

• 61 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • Mark....I would ask the same question.......I've set my BS to an extended vacation.......I would still like to continue listing on Hipstamp.

Thanks
    Patrick

PS.......SG is closing under 14 pence per share today.........Thinkin I might buy some shares......Just for wall hangers only ;)
  • Which brings up yet another question ... what are y'all doing while the site is in limbo?
  • Selling on ebay
  • Taking a break ... spring chores and all that so the timing is good. On rain days I'm sorting through some old boxes of ephemera - found a bunch of stampless letters I'd forgotten about (common markings but good content).
  • Selling on Ebay, Stamps 2 Go
  • I'm taking a leap of faith and continuing to list on HipStamp. I'm sure Mark and SG will work it out. I've got too much stock that needs to be listed (a couple thousand Germany for a starter.)
  • I am classifying stock so I am ready when we get the word.
  • Mowing the grass and dandelions Buying on bidStart.
  • Took a trip to the beach. Tried several restaurants to celebrate our anniversary, then decided to grill our own steaks at the condo.
  • Happy Anniversary! How many wonderful years?
  • 24, all of them wonderful. I started late, really late, But it was worth it. I've never regretted it, even a little.
    The summer after high school graduation, I was in a park and saw a guy strolling with his wife and a baby carriage. He had this miserable look, kinsa like he was in prison or something. I decided then and there I was not ready, the thought of me having children was terrifying! I wanted to play, but certainly not as long as I did. The sixties was an experience I enjoyed tremendously (I didn't go to war), and I doubt she would have given me a second glance back then.

It was well worth the wait.
  • Very happy for you. It'll be 30 for this September. Time flies!
  • I've been rather "listless" lately
  • i,am with you. list a few items now and then. at this time i do not know rather to list or not to list. hope for new imformation soon
  • I agree. I am continuing to list a small number of items. i am not stressing myself. After this amount of time I would have thought an update would have been in order
  • i also agree, some kind of mention of something
  • Hard to do if there's a gag order, or even a recommendation from counsel. Painful, yes, but at least he's keeping the site active an online. One would think the plug would be pulled to stop incurring expenses if there wasn't believed to be a path through this.
  • Worst case, simply needs to wait until SG cannot service its debt again and folds, I don't think there will be another investor bailout.
  • But will SG fold? It seems they would have more money to keep their lawyers working by putting up roadblocks for Mark to continue a business. It's really sucky what they are doing.
  • Haven't checked in here for a while, but I guess we continue in "hurry up and wait" mode. I'm guessing Mark has been told to not comment, or that "anything he says can and WILL be used against him in a court of law." I do hope HipStamp gets a green light at some point... with all the challenges facing stamp collecting in general, it seems a shame to viable contributors fall by the wayside in an ocean of petty legalese...

~Peter
  • Does anyone have any word of what's going on?
  • hi jim from jlstamps. no idea. i,am getting impatient. i started listing on stamps 2 go.
  • I just closed my store on this site. Mark, if you read this message please close my account on HipStamp.

Thank You
    John

• I just checked out stamps2go selling regs.......

If I read correctly any material I list on stamps2go can only be listed there & on no other sites?

Also curious, if stamps2go pays me via paypal, do I incur the paypal fees on the transfer to my account, along with paying the final value fees to stamps2go?
  • I just put my store on hold rather than closing at this time (took a lot of time to list the lots). And I "will provide an update within the next few weeks. I apologize for any inconvenience" (to potential buyers) ;-)
  • HI JIM FROM JLSTAMPS. I,AM NEW AT STAMPS TO GO AND CAN NOT ANSWER HOW IT WORKS. I HAVE NOT SOLD ANY ITEMS YET. I,AM LISTING THERE WITH HOPE HIP STAMPS OPENS AGAIN. I HAVE SO MANY ITEMS TO LIST.
  • From the Stamps2go selling rules....

"IMPORTANT: Items you list for sale at Stamps2Go should not be available for sale elsewhere. This includes eBay auctions, other websites, or a retail store. When a buyer initiates a purchase at Stamps2Go, his payment is immediately received and the sale is confirmed. At this moment you, as the seller, are obligated to provide the items he has ordered."
  • I'm still hoping, but no new listings. The lots on here are not listed elsewhere so I am ready to rock'n'roll when hipstamps opens up again. Have several thousand more I will be listing also.Let's have a little faith..
  • Thanks Patrick, then that is not an option at this point in time.
  • Patrick, perhaps one might put their Hipstamps store on hold (thus making items unavailable until re-activated) and list on Stamps2Go. One can then, if desired, put their Stamps2Go store on hold (BTW-no monthly cost for store on S2G) if HipStamps re-opens, all the while allowing you to cancel listings on the dormant site if other site sales occur. Just a thought.