Canada #588 3c Maroon Borden Caricature LF Paper Types 2 & 4 Pairs VF-80 NH
Two very fine NH plate 1 lower right and upper right corner pairs of the 3c maroon Robert Borden stamp from the 1973-1977 Caricature Issue, printed on two slightly different papers. Printed on vertical wove paper showing no ribbing on either the front, or ... Read More
- Catalog Number
- Stamp Type
- General Issue
- Stamp Format
- Year of Issue
Item DescriptionTwo very fine NH plate 1 lower right and upper right corner pairs of the 3c maroon Robert Borden stamp from the 1973-1977 Caricature Issue, printed on two slightly different papers. Printed on vertical wove paper showing no ribbing on either the front, or the back. General OP-2 Ottawa tagging, 4 mm wide, of both dark strength (dark yellow to the naked eye, but not dark), and light strength (barely visible to the naked eye), and glowing a bright yellow under ultraviolet light. Comb perforated 12.0 x 12.5, with the selvage fully perforated through in both directions. Smooth, creamy PVA gum with a satin sheen. The paper gives slightly different reactions under UV light.
Canada #588 3c Maroon Borden Caricature LF Paper Types 2 & 4 Pairs VF-80 NH
Click images to enlarge
Two very fine NH plate 1 lower right and upper right corner pairs of the 3C MAROON ROBERT BORDEN STAMP FROM THE 1973-1977 CARICATURE ISSUE, PRINTED ON TWO SLIGHTLY DIFFERENT PAPERS. Printed on vertical wove paper showing no ribbing on either the front, or the back. General OP-2 Ottawa tagging, 4 mm wide, of both dark strength (dark yellow to the naked eye, but not dark), and light strength (barely visible to the naked eye), and glowing a bright yellow under ultraviolet light. Comb perforated 12.0 x 12.5, with the selvage fully perforated through in both directions. Smooth, creamy PVA gum with a satin sheen. The paper gives slightly different reactions under UV light as follows:
* the lower right pair is on paper that gives a dull fluorescent bluish white reaction on the face and back, with a low density concentration of low fluorescent fibres, a very sparse concentration of medium fluorescent fibres, and very few brownish woodpulp fibres visible in the paper. The tagging is of dark strength.
* the upper right pair is on paper that gives a low fluorescent bluish white reaction on the face and the back, with a low density concentration of low fluorescent fibres, a sparse concentration of medium fluorescent fibres, very few high fluorescent fibres and very few brownish woodpulp fibres visible in the paper.
Unitrade lists #588 as being on LF paper, but I have found at least 16 varieties of fluorescence and tagging which closely fits this classification. These two pairs represent two of those 16 variations. Unitrade values two VF-75 NH plate pairs at $1.The pairs offered here grade 80 as follows:
Paper Freshness: 5/5
Absence of Visible Paper Flaws: 5/5
Note: the above scan is a stock photo as are all my scans for material after 1952. The block you will receive has been carefully checked to adhere to the above grading standards, so while it may not be exactly the same, it will be of the same quality. Also, I do not provide back scans of NH stamps or blocks after 1952 unless they are required to illustrate some attribute of the paper or gum.
Payment must be made by paypal, as Hip only allows this method of payment. If you are shopping and may be purchasing additional items over a period, please let us know and we will hold your purchases until you are finished shopping, at which time we will issue you a final invoice that includes combined shipping.
Please note that as of november 1, 2016 we are now required to be registered for hst/gst/qst. Customers residing in canada will be charged gst, hst or qst at their applicable provincial rate, on the final invoice price.
We would kindly ask that you please do not pay for multiple items with separate paypal payments, as paypal charges a fixed fee for each payment received. Please note that if payments are made in this manner than we may not be able to offer a combined shipping discount, or the discount offered will be less, due to the excess fees we are charged by paypal.
If you need more than a week to pay for your purchases, please let me know and I will ensure that no automatic payment reminders are sent to you by Hip. Please note that if you are a new customer, I will require payment before I ship your stamps. For buyers paying by e-cheque, this means that your payment must clear before I can ship your stamps. You should be aware that e-cheques can take up to two weeks to clear, so payment by credit card is preferable if you want to receive your stamps within a week of purchase. For established buyers who have a good payment history with us, we will generally ship your purchases in advance of payment, particularly if you are purchasing something on a Friday and do not get around to paying for it until Monday.
We ship to any country in the world and we generally use Canada post lettermail. For local mail within Canada, we charge $0.85 and for foreign mail we charge $2. We will COMBINE SHIPPING on all orders and generally, we DO NOT increase the shipping charges for mail falling into the next weight step.
It is our experience that the postal system is extremely reliable. We have concluded over 2,300 transactions since 2010, and we can recall only 3 instances in which we had to refund buyers due to non-receipt. It is therefore our opinion that registered mail is simply not worth the additional expense. However, should you wish us to register your items, please let us know and we will add a flat $10 fee to your invoice for registration.
While the postal system is reliable, it is not always quick. We have found that for some U.S. customers, your shipments can take as long as 3 weeks to reach you, and for most foreign destinations the mail takes 2 weeks. We would therefore suggest that you allow those times to ellapse before contacting us to let us know that you have not received your item. We will respond in every case and work with you to ensure your satisfaction.
Terms of Sale
Our Terms of Sale Are Simple:
1. As we go to great lengths to describe our material accurately and provide adequate scans, it is our expectation that you will read the descriptions and view the scans before you purchase or make an offer. If you have any questions at all, please do ask them before you purchase or offer, as we will answer them quickly. In the event of a mistunderstanding ocurring because of failure to read the description or ask questions, the ability to return the item or cancel the transaction will be at our descretion. We won't be unreasonable or unfair in this regard, but we would hope that our customers will take responsibility for their choices and actions as well.
2. We will always combine shipping on orders so we ask you to please wait for our invoice. If you choose to pay before we have had an opportunity to invoice you, then we will refund your excess postage, less any extra Paypal fees that have been charged to us as the result of receiving several payments instead of one.
3. We will always issue refunds in the cases where an item has gotten lost in the mail as it is our experience that this RARELY occurs. However, if it happens more than once, we may have to reconsider our shipping methods to you and may require registered shipping from that point onwards.
4. We absolutely 100% stand behind every stamp we sell. If for any reason you do not believe that we have described an item properly then you may return the item for a full refund, including the shipping. However, if you are intending to send the item to an expert committee, we would ask that you let us know prior to your purchase. Please also note that the decision to obtain a certificate is your personal decision, and we will not be held responsible for paying for the cost of a certificate on an item you decide to return. We have taken this position as we feel that any concerns over the authenticity of a stamp's attributes should be raised before purchasing an item, and we do attempt to describe material as accurately as possible. We may make an exception in cases where we have both agreed that a certificate is to be obtained as a condition of the sale.
We are Canada's newest full time stamp dealers. Bringing 39 years of philatelic experience, it is our mission to bring you CONSISTENCY in everything we do:
* CONSISTENCY OF QUALITY - our stamps are meticulously graded using a 0-100 points based system, which is fully explained on our store pages.
* CONSISTENCY OF PRICE - we start all stamps at standard percentages of the Unitrade catalogue price and then we allow YOU, the customer to tell us what you feel comfortable paying for that stamp. Provided that the offer is sufficient for us to cover our costs with a reasonable return for our time, knowledge and effort, we will always accept. Where we decline, we will almost always make a counter-offer.
* CONSISTENCY OF SERVICE - we always respond to every question we receive and we will do so on the day we receive it, except for weekends, when our response will be on Monday. We ship all items out the morning after we receive payment, so you receive your items quickly.
* CONSISTENCY OF PACKAGING - we always use cardboard to stiffen envelopes and use standard #8 or oversize mailing envelopes. Mint items are always wrapped in plastic wrap to protect against moisture damage.
* CONSISTENCY OF DESCRIPTIONS - our descriptions are among the most informative and detailed on Hip, often going far beyond the level of detail given in the Unitrade catalogue.
* CONSISTENCY OF SCANS - Every stamp we sell that has been issued before 1952 is separately scanned, so that you will receive the exact stamp pictured. In addition we always show both the front and the back of the stamp. For material issued after 1952, we do use stock scans, but with our refined grading system, we are confident that the stamp you receive will be at least as good as the one in the scan, and we offer an unconditional, money-back, no hassles guarantee on these stamps. So you simply return the stamp we sent you and we will send a replacement.
We are in the process of listing all of our inventory - a massive task, which will likely not be complete until the end of 2017. If you need an item from Canada, Gambia, Ghana, Gold Coast, Morocco Agencies, Nigeria (and territories prior to 1914), or Sierra Leone that you do not see listed for sale, please do contact us, as there is a very good chance that we either have it, or can get it for you. In accordance, with Hip's policies, we will list the item in such a way that nobody else except you can buy it.
If you have any questions you may contact us through Hip's messaging system. We are generally always available between the hours of 10 am and 1 am Monday through Friday, Atlantic time.
Auctiva Offers Free Image Hosting and Editing.250+ _LISTING TEMPLATES!_
Auctiva gets you noticed!
The complete Hip Selling Solution.
Track Page Views With
Auctiva's FREE Counter
- brixtonchrome (1101)
- Registered Since
- Item Location
- New Brunswick, Canada
- Ships To
- Select Country
- Returns Accepted
Click here to login