ImplementedSort by Country / Catalog Number

edited April 2016 in Feature Requests 2 LikesVote Down
Anyway to sort by Scott #?

Let's say I click on United States and then go to Relevance, I don't see an option to sort by Scott #.

Eventually I'll have to change from BS ID numbers to HS ID numbers to look for the correct stamp. I file my listings by country and then Scott # and just look for the correct ID number when pulling orders. Having the option to sort by Scott # will help when that project comes around.

Comments

• 12 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • YES!

Well... shortly. As I've mentioned to a few people, one of the key areas we're looking at improving before our official launch is the browse/search - which includes sorting by Country/Catalog number. We've developed an algorithm that works better than bidStart to extract the Country/Catalog number automatically, and unlike bidStart you'll also have a chance to manually change this for any listing. We're just a couple of weeks away from this, so stay tuned!
  • I am glad to hear we will get the Scott number sorting. One thing about BS frustrated me about was you could not do a search under postal stationery for "Entire". I am glad to see that is now possible.
  • I checked my listings, and while they were fairly well sorted, I noticed that while almost sorted, some listings were out of sequence, particularly numbers like 138A or 139A. When I checked the HipStamp edit form, country and catalog number were not filled in. The listings are imported using eBay Sync. The Item Specifics or custom item specifics contain the catalog number, country and other information that could be transferred to the HipStamp database.

Because listings originate in an Excel spreadsheet for stamp specific details joined to a catalog spreadsheet, it will not be feasible to use the HipStamp listing form. I won't be able to bulk upload listings unless there is a way to link it to an eBay listing so that if the listing sells the results would be the same as if the listing was created with eBay Sync. I use the SixBit eCommerce software solution to avoid having to learn the complexities of the eBay API and to process eBay and non-eBay orders.

Short term, improved title parsing would help. I believe it should be easy if the title starts with country name or the ISO code followed by the (Scott) catalog number.
  • Forgot to add the image to show order issues:

2016-04-15 (4)
  • Hi Clark,

Check your store again. They should all be 100% sorted correctly, and 100% have the correct Country and Catalog Number. I realized there was an issue with some stamps coming through from Ebay - and I just corrected it.
  • edited April 2016 0 LikesVote Down
    Can we have the sort list US stamps first before other countries?

Right now if I do a sort on my store there is a glitch. It starts with Aden and goes through the alphabet but early on there is a listing for an Irving Berlin PB stuck between Barbados and Bermuda. I realize that Berlin is alphabetically between those two countries but it doesn't make sense to me. I guess I will look and see if I made an error in the listing of the PB. The sync with BS brought over the main category as United States and the country as Berlin!
  • I agree with you Wayne. However, whatever sort system needs to work! A month ago, Afghanistan came up first (all 3 of them), now when I do sort by Catalog/Country, Bavaria comes up first!

When I do USA, the first stamp is something like catalog #2187, not number 1. This lack of proper sorting makes it impossible to go through stores with many items.
  • I'm trying to update my listings to fix the html tables. I'm trying to do this in an orderly fashion so I'm sorting my inventory by Oldest and going through each listing. Is it possible to save the previous sort order like bidStart did? Every time I come back into the Listings it is sorted back to the Newest Listings and I have to change the sort order.

Thanks,
    Bob
  • I agree. The sort order, plus the number of items shown per page, needs to be "sticky".
  • Also, on the bidStart inventory page the "Go To Page" was at both the Top and Bottom of the page. Here it is only on the bottom, Now I have to scroll all the way to the bottom to jump pages. Could that be added to the top of the page?

Thanks again,
    Bob
  • Yes, I noticed that, too. Thanks for remembering to suggest it, Bob! Get's my vote, and should be relatively easy to implement.
  • As of today, it still does not work correctly for my store. At the home screen, when I sort by country / cat number, the first country is Bavaria! A few weeks ago it was Afghanistan. When I go into my US listings, the first stamp is 2291, followed by 4495 and JQ5 -- I have about 17,500 US listings.....