Can sellers preview their new promotions?

I'm new to promotions/sales and tried to set up a 25% off for a few select items plus a couple of countries using the "Create a new Promotion / Sale" page. I couldn't find a preview to make sure I had things set up correctly and started my promo/sale. After an hour, the price changes still hadn't shown up in my store. So I assumed there was a problem with my promo/sale setup and cancelled it.

Is it not possible to preview promo/sales prior to starting them?

Is the setup on the "Create a new Promotion / Sale" page not able to handle a combination of individual items by ID and individual countries? I can enter both on the form and found nothing to indicate that combining the ID listings and country listings won't work.

Also, is it possible to create a simple promo/sale for multiple countries using the "Create a new Promotion / Sale" page or must I download a CSV file to do that?

I thought I has seen a discussion here about how to use the CSV file for creating specialized promotions/sales, but was unable to find it via search. Was I mistaken about that being discussed here?

Thanks........................

Tom