HipStamp Spammed

Why are sellers allowed to list up multiples of the same item and effectively spam the site. Here's what happens to the main HipStamp page when sellers take advantage of this.

spam

Comments

• 7 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • Another, same seller.

spam1
  • And again...

spam2
  • Surely this is not acceptable?

spam3
  • For a minute there i thought it might be Poppe Stamps!!!! but no!!
  • I have Plate Block & block buyer that purchase multi blocks of the same type and they want to see the centering. Some buyers are sellers from US and around the world. They buy multi items of the same type to carry in their stores. That's why my listings say "THE ITEM YOU SEE IS THE ONE YOU WILL RECEIVE"
  • edited July 2016 1 LikesVote Down
    But your listings John have not spammed the main page for at least an hour now, with at least 8 of everything, effectively taking control of the main page.

I'm not suggesting that multiple listings be banned, we have effective tools already to screen these out when viewing a store.

But I would think Mark may want to stop listing multiples on the site's main page to stop it being hijacked.
  • Rod - That's a good point with regards to the homepage.

That shouldn't normally happen, but we just restarted our bidStart Sync, and are in the process of re-syncing every Seller's listings from bidStart (who use the sync) at the moment.

Once this is done, you shouldn't see examples like you showed often. If that is the case, we'll review it further.