Does anybody have a US #C108b bullseye perf that actually measures 11.2? .

All of my U.S. airmail C108b stamps measure perf 11, with and without bullseye perfs. Are there any 11.2 measurments out there with bullseye perfs, or is the Scott catalog mistaken?

Bob

Comments

• 8 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • And, what does the catalog mean by "Perf 11 line" for C108a ? I don't recall seeing that terminology on any other stamp. What "line" is it referring to?

To make my original question a little more clear, "Does anybody have a C108 that has 11.2 perfs?" Is there such a thing?
  • With 93 people viewing this post and nobody saying they have a C108 with 11.2 perfs, I'm beginning to think there aren't any, and that the Scott catalog is wrong. Can anybody refute that assumption?
  • The example I have measures 11.1
  • Thanks for taking the time to respond, Les. I appreciate it.

Yeah, none of mine are measuring an exact 11 either. They are probably between 11.05 and 10.95. But closer to 11 than they are to 11.2.

Thanks again, Les.

• It's hard to argue with a guy with your last name ;-)
  • lol In junior high school someone gave me the nickname "12".

• a

b

c

d

Top 2 pics are C108b with 11.2 Bullseye Perforations. Note how the perforations do not cross at the center.
    Bottom 2 pics are C108c with 11 Line Perforations(actually guage closer to 10.9). Note how the perforations cross at the center.

Note in Scott under "Perforations": "Some later U.S. stamps are "stroke" perforated [aka Bullseye] rather than "line" perforated. While it is difficult to tell the difference on a single stamp, with a block of four or more stamps the difference is more easily seen where the horizontal and vertical perforations cross. On the stroke-perforated items, the crossing point is clean and no holes are out of line. On the line-perforated stamps, the crossing point only rarely is perfect and generally there is a roughness."

Hope this helps some!
  • Hey JT Out of 220 people who have viewed this thread, you are apparently the only one to have a block that actually measures 11.2, like the catalog says it should. Thank you for taking the time to post a scan of it. I was beginning to wonder if they even existed.

Yes, your post does help. Thanks again.

Bob