Pictures of stamps

Anyone have any suggestions on how best to take pictures of stamps so I can upload them to my listings. Currently I'm using a scanner which tends to be a bit tedious. Was hoping to find some other method that works better and faster. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Comments

• 3 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • James, I have an older HP scanner that has great software that allows me to scan as many stamps as I can fit on the bed into individual files. I can get about 35 US Commemoratives or 50-60 definitives done in one setting. I have to do a little clean-up as sometimes the stamps move around a bit when I put the black paper backing down. But other than that it goes pretty quick. I'm not sure if other brands of scanners have that feature (and I have to use the HP software, the default Windows software does not give me that option).
  • Good quality scanner is the best in my opinion. Stamp images are flat and not at some oblique angle and images can be cropped easily. I see many item photos that are taken by a cellphone camera with the item just sitting on a tabletop. I personally don't think I would purchase an item like that because I just can't tell what they really look like. I give each image a filename that corresponds to my private ID name for the item so that when I list it, I just go to that filename for that item. It is a bit tedious but at least the potential buyer can see the best image of the item.
  • edited January 2021 1 LikesVote Down
    James I had the HP until it died on me, now I use the Epson perfection V550 Photo, works great, if you are using a mac (Catalina), make sure the software is compatible with the scanner a few do not work with the Catalina version.