Search Details

Is it possible to search for words in the listing details? I have not been able to get this to work.

Comments

• 7 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • edited September 2016 0 LikesVote Down
    Good Morning Robert

If your talking about searching item Description, that's not possible at this time.
  • Bumping this... For some listings, especially Postal History and First Day Covers, I put a lot of information in the Descriptions. Are we going to be able to search in the Description any time soon?
  • I agree with Robert. In BidStart, we had the ability to select whether we were searching in the title, or in the title and description. I noticed this and started transferring some of the descriptions over into the titles. My perception is that if we need to put all searchable information in the title, then there is no need for a description! Of course, that would leave some very long titles.....
  • edited December 2016 2 LikesVote Down
    I asked about this in September, because I, too, used to supply additional searchable info in the listing -- info that would not be possible to include in the title. There was no reply.

https://www.hipstamp.com/forums/discussion/531/q-search-only-possible-on-title-or-catalog-info-not-keywords-in-description#latest

It would be very helpful to know from the admins if this is something that might be implemented in the future (and, if so, near-, medium- or long-term horizon), because it will determine whether or not I even make the effort to include this information going forward. Otherwise, it seems like the unstated answer is "no."

This looks like it is on the list of "takeaways" -- features that were available on Bidstart, but not available here. There have been threads on other stamp discussion boards by dissatisfied past and prospective buyers about how much less capability there is here on HS vs BS, especially with search and filtering.
  • edited December 2016 7 LikesVote Down
    I requested it a while back as well. It was my suggestion #1. You can see Mark's request. Hit the "thumbs up" button if you want to see this implemented!

https://www.hipstamp.com/forums/discussion/103/search-requests#latest
  • Thanks, Doug -- I just voted for it.
  • Agree with Doug I hit the Thumbs up button but whether anything happened I have no idea.