Donald F. Lybarger

edited December 2021 in Chatter 0 LikesVote Down
IMG_20211204_034100

I have inherited my grandfather's exclusive stamp collection. Unfortunately, it is such good collection, that everyone I talk to about it tell me to go to Sotheby's or maybe a meauseam. Or they don't have tht type of cash just laying arund. So with that being said.... over time(probably the next few years) I will be selling off my grand father's collection. ALL OF IT, RIGHT HERE ND HERE ONLY. I will be exclusively selling the entire collection/collections on this website ONLY!

The reason for me making this post is just to as a question....I was going through one of his last storage boxes and came across an entire collection of Donald F. Lybarger's (served as president of the American Philatelic Society between 1943-1949) covers.

This collection of covers comes from all over the world and each and EVERY SINGLE piece of mail is addressed to Mr. lybarger himself. It contains 113 covers from 30 different countries, containing 257 stamps and 18 blocks. Some are sets and first day cover. That's a pretty awesome adventure this gentleman completed, if I just say so myself. But again what do I know? LMAO!!

So my question is, how would my grandfather have aquaired such a collection....and it is someone else's collection. Why would someone give up/sell something they spent so much time on? Is this collection I have (Lybarger's) actually any good? If so how?

Thanks again!

Comments