Hurricane news

To all the wonderful sellers and buyers in Florida, please stay safe with Hurrican Ian. It seems he wants to beat the snot out of the Tampa area. And yes, I'm in Palm Beach and will be feeling the effects of the outer bands. Most of the West Coast has been evacuated so this will slow the mail down for a few days, please be patient if you are expecting an order from us sellers.

Be safe my friends and if you are in the danger area, please check in when you can.

Comments

• 18 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • Hey Luree, Stay safe and dry!
    wayne
  • Wayne, you stay safe too.
  • Sending good thoughts to all the Florida folks! (And good to see you on here, Luree!)
  • Hey Phil,
    Thanks for the good thoughts! We just finished putting shutters on two of the windows that we are most concerned about. I can't tell you how much fun that was in the drizzling rain! The front windows will be locked and loaded maybe tomorrow. Not that we will really need them, but better to be safe than sorry.
  • Florida , land of my birth ! Stay safe all there . Heed the call to evacuate and shelter . One positive is at least you get warnings … here in Kalifornia , no water and no warning when the shaking starts … living in the shadows of the coming “ big one “.
  • Rene,
    Of all the natural disasters I choose Hurricane. We've had a week to obsess about it coming, and 48 hours to get ready. That consists of the head between the legs thingy.
    Luree is ready, I'm ready and I hope all our fellow buyers and sellers, friends and neighbors here in Florida are ready. All in all it will be a rough ride but I've been riding them for 45 years in Florida. This one will be exciting. to say the least.
  • Wayne. I use that line all the time. My choice too. For similar reasons.
  • Ok this hurricane has left Florida and will now beat the snot out of the Carolina's.

The West Coast of Florida has been changed forever. That just saddens me as I am a native Floridian and the many trips I've taken to Sanibel-Captiva will stay near and dear to me.

My hopes are Ft Myers will rebound quickly, they will get full power back and have decent cell phone service so a phone call will last more than 5 minutes.
  • Lauree. If you are from Florida then you know hurricanes. We live in the Florida Keys where we have a saying Keys Strong. It means that we know hurricanes will cause damage. But we also know that they take the weak and leave the strong. Over time you get stronger. It’s how we live here.
  • It's how we all live in Florida! I love watching the weather. Next time I'm in the Keys, we'll meet somewhere, okay? don't worry it will be a little while.
  • Luree. We were all lucky here in Palm Beach County - "The Lake Communities" more that others.
    BUT, it is hard to celebrate our good fortune when our brothers and sisters on the west coast have endured and face so much more suffering.
    I'm glad I'm ok and I'm glad you are.
    Now it's time to regroup and get ready for the next one, because there WILL be a next one.

Wayne in beautiful downtown Pahokee
  • Glad you came thru the storm ok Luree! I lived in New Orleans thru Betsy and Camille (unfortunately stayed in our house for both). Hurricanes are fierce beasts - nothing to mess with. Thoughts and prayers are with you and the rest of the Floridians recovering from this beast.
    Mark S.
  • Thanks Mark. Lee Co should have power restored by this Friday. They are the last and hardest hit, well for power. The islands are crazy gone. So many places I've been to are fond memories now.

Rene, where in Florida were you born?
  • I was born in Miami .
  • Here we go again. Man, this is a bad year for Florida. Everyone who lives here, please check in when you can. The whole state is going to be affected in one way or another.

Stay safe my friends!
  • Hi Luree!
    Looks like this one could land anywhere between Miami and Georgia! Keeping a eye on it tho and hoping for the best (which is a hard turn to the north and away).

wayne
  • edited November 2022 0 LikesVote Down
    I'm afraid it won't catch the gulf stream and veer away. More than likely, we'll get a bunch of wind and lots of rain.

Take care. Holler if you need help, I'm not that far away.
  • Looks to be running north of The Florida Keys. We should be ok.