Not TakenPromotions

I had a promotion on Russia to hopefully rid of some stock. Very few bites at 50% off. This not the problem. Yesterday I received an order for a stamp from Ecuador. It somehow had been placed on 50% off. I then checked other Ecuador stamps that I have listed and a few were at 50 % off also. NONE of these stamps had been placed on promotion status. I took the Russia off the promotion which was ending today anyway and the Ecuador stamps went back to my original price. How did this happen? And why?
I have 17000+ listings and cannot check each one for a false promotion.
Hip stamp should check into this problem and let us know what happened to cause this screw-up. This maybe happening to other dealers also?
Larry

Comments

• 3 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • edited November 2016 0 LikesVote Down
    This is not a bug. It looks like you placed all items in the "Russia" category on Sale. However, you appear to have 12 Ecuador items in the Russia category, which is why they too were placed on Sale:

https://www.hipstamp.com/store/big-larrys-little-stamp-store/?keywords=Ecuador&category_name=russia-soviet-union&parent_id=198

Just correct the categories on these items.

Also, just to note "Year of Issue" should only be the Year of Issue - not the full date.
  • Thank you Mark BUT I just placed Russia on a 10% discount to find the 16 Ecuadorian selections that were in the wrong category. Low and behold EVERY Ecuadorian selection went to 10% discount. This included those that are in the correct category . I quickly canceled the 10% off and every Ecuadorian went back to normal. Is it me or is there a bigger problem?
    Larry
  • I'm not sure what you had set-up, since you've since deleted the sale. However, I just created a sale for the category of Russia at 10% Off in your store - and the only stamps which were placed on sale were those in the Russia category - as should be the case. This included the ~10 Ecuador stamps you have in the Russia category - and none of the other ~100 Ecuador stamps you have in your store. So there does not appear to be any issue.

Please correct the category of the items in the link above, and then create a new Sale - it should work fine.