Payment difficulties, and some design features

edited November 2016 in Chatter 0 LikesVote Down
Once again, Hipstamp is preventing me from combining orders, or pay by a method other than Paypal.
And this is a dealer where I have been pre-approved. On trying to stack up orders, it forces me to pay within 24 hours or have my order cancelled. And yet for a small amount, as a courtesy to the seller, I will not pay by Paypal for each order individually and saddle him with the extra costs!
Very frustrating...

And talking about frustrating, so are some of the design features that have YET to be implemented. These are design features that do not require major reworks of the software, just of its functionality. And of the LAYOUT.

We really need some sticky capabilities, such as sticky sort by...or sticky display 96 items etc...and others have mentioned the problem of constantly having to look for info, and clicking again and again to find it is a such a pain in the ....
Also, pleaaaase look at how pages display...I am tired of clicking to access information hidden just below the page bottom, until the next click, or 2 clicks! Why it may be elegant with all the blank spaces, it is a working calamity that takes too much of my time, and I am developing carpal tunnel with the repetitive clicks..lol!

rrr...

Comments

• 5 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • I wish there were some kind of road map for us old timers - it is so frustrating to search half an hour and try 6 or 7 different drop down stacks to find something that used to be in plain sight on Bidstart. More concerning is the lack of the ability to print out clear concise financial information that would be required if you were to be audited - instead of a couple of pages you would need a bound volume of details and manual summaries with calculation tapes, etc. It would result in a very thorough audit and I say this as a retired Federal employee.
    Please at least give us some of Bidstart back that related to finances............. it would be costly to hire a tax attorney and have to pay them by the hour to dig down through what they needed.
  • edited November 2016 0 LikesVote Down
    As a side note re: ""Once again, Hipstamp is preventing me from combining orders, or pay by a method other than Paypal."" this seller is has already pre-approved me, and in the past, I was able to combine orders, and pay by check, or other means.
    For small amounts I always prefer check payment, to my regular sellers, as many sellers are hit pretty hard by the Paypal fees!

rrr...
  • edited November 2016 0 LikesVote Down
    Just a quick note that once you have been pre-approved by a Seller to Pay Later / by Check or Money Order - there's nothing which requires you to pay within 24 hours. From the Shopping Cart - click to checkout with the Seller and then click the "Pay Later" button - that's all you need to do and the items are yours with no expiration date, whether 24 hours or otherwise.

Keep in mind that once you've been pre-approved you have the option to checkout and pay now (as usual) or checkout and pay later. It will depend on which option you use.

For more information on the Pay Later feature, see: https://hipecommerce.freshdesk.com/support/solutions/articles/14000046944-pay-later-by-check-or-money-order-

If you have other unpaid orders from that Seller within the past 5 days, your orders will automatically be combined, including shipping once you click the "Pay Later" button. If it's been more than 5 days, you can ask the Seller if they will combine the orders for you.
  • Thanks Mark...

Now how about all those unnecessary extra clicks that are driving some of us nuts?
    rrr...
  • Actually, the problem was that the click for payment screen only displayed PAY NOW, unless you clicked on the page down to display the next choice PAY LATER. So there you go! Couldn't they both fit on the same screen?