DEATH by Sharpie!

Well, Kurt, mentioned our old Sharpie thread a bit ago. Sure enough, I get THIS in the mail the other day...

NOOOOOOOOOOOooooooooooooo.............

ScanImage001

Comments

• 8 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • This is supposed to save the poor postal worker time. However, it is the Post Office shooting themselves in the foot. Most collectors started out soaking stamps off envelopes. Who would want that crap?
  • I thought we took all their Sharpies away! What silly people...
  • I got a similar cover on Friday. My Sharpie cancellation was done with a green Sharpie. It seems like most covers now are uncancelled or cancelled by a Sharpie.
  • File a complaint--I thought it was to be City, state, time and date!!! WHAT A BUNCH OF CRAP!!!!!!-Federal workers killing the collecting interests of the stamp community!!!!!!! (wait have you seen the years of the stamps?? 1980's????)
  • Richard... Green Sharpie? How festive!

Lee... Gotta protect the revenue! 70 and 80s stamps are in surplus from the sender's house (as with most of our collections, I presume!). But to line out not once, not twice, but THRICE! Man, this Sharpie-wielding philatelic foe was on a mission!
  • Ah I'm gonna say night shift...cancel machine was outta ink..and we got a quota to make.....'these three trucks gotta be processed tonight!!!!'
  • i think its a postal workers attempt to prevent reuse of uncancelled stamps.if you look at the stamps they are old and could have been used before
  • I agree that the sharpie is very destructive, however in my findings finding canceled stamps is a rare occurrence. By my best estimate, somewhere between 65 and 75 percent of my mail comes uncanceled, for me it is a joy to receive any type of cancel, and most of the Christmas season cancels destroy the stamps worst than a few sharpie lines through them.