Seller generated invoice.

The invoicing capability at Bidstart was really excellent. Here on HipStamp.com a seller has no control over invoice generation. If an item on an invoice is incorrect there is no capability to correct it. Cannot send a note or comment to buyer. The whole billing excercise is out of the control of a seller. What was the rationale behind this approach and is there a possibility it can be changed to be more seller friendly?

Comments

• 9 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • As a Seller - you do have full control over how each and every invoice is created. You just need to ensure this is set up before the sale - not afterward, as it would be confusing to present information to the buyer, have the buyer checkout and pay - and then inform the buyer that the invoice was not correct. This wouldn't be buyer or seller friendly, and would lead to confusion and issues with sales.

The invoice created will always be based upon the sale price of the item(s), and the shipping settings which you set up as a Seller. If you're having trouble setting up shipping costs - send us an email at support AT hipecommerce.com and we'll help ensure you're settings are as you expect.
  • I agree that sales price of the item and shipping cost settings need to be set up prior to the sale. That is not my concern. Currently, the only way that a seller can re-remind a buyer that they owe for a purchase is to send a message. If they do not read their HipStamp messages they do not receive the reminder. With a new invoice, that may be different. There is no way to send a follow up invoice as was possible on Bid Start. In addition, there is no space on the current invoice to provide a short message or to modify the invoice based upon buyer and seller agreement on
    something following the sale. Also, today I had a buyer purchase an additional lot and would have liked to have combined all of his previously unpaid purchases into a single invoice but could not find any method to do that since there is no real time control over what goes into the invoice that I am aware of. Don't get me wrong, I am a happy Hipstamp seller who has sold more in the last month of being a member than I did in the last year of the SG Bidstart system. Just trying to seek some minor improvements to the way things currently work.
  • Ah - apologies as we need to make this more clear. If a buyer wins an auction, or offer, or uses the Pay Later feature - they will be automatically emailed an invoice. They are then automatically emailed an invoice periodically every few days until they pay (or the buyer/seller marks the order as paid). So there's no need to do this as a seller - as an email copy of the invoice is already sent out as a reminder every few days.

Currently, if you use the Pay Later feature, a buyer can checkout for an individual item, and it will then be automatically combined with any unpaid orders from you (up to 3 days - after which you as the Seller can manually click to combine any unpaid orders). In the future we will also add the ability to pay for a new order and combine it with unpaid orders from the same seller, even when not using the Pay Later feature - which would be particularly helpful for auctions + store item purchases. So yes - we will add this in the future as well. Thanks for the feedback.
  • Thanks for the explanation about the feature where a buyer gets additional invoices ir they have not paid every few days. However, if a buyer buys an item at auction on day one, they will get an invoice automatically. On day two, three and four they buy an additional item each day at auction. Therefore, they will get 3 more invoices according to your explanation. This will generate possibly 4 separate PayPal payments costing the seller $1.20 in basic Paypal charges rather than just $.30 for a single invoice. Therefore, if the seller had control over WHEN an invoice was sent and WHAT
    was on an invoice, there would not be this enrichment of Paypal.
  • about additional invoices. i have had this happen with additional invoices from one buyer. i do not see the point and surely will distract the buyer from making repeat orders. i like to do alot of auctions etc which are generally listed for 10 days. so if buyer wins auctions over this period or more days he should be able to pay with one invoice. also the hipstamp invoices are generated without the buyers email address. this is nescessary to notify of the shipping date. its a pain going to paypal for emails. looking forward for the new invoicing set up with out using pay later feature as stated by mark. this feature will help all
  • Cliff - This is already covered as well.

When a buyer purchases multiple auction items from the same seller, we automatically combine invoices for them up to 5 days (after that the Seller can choose to combine invoices using the combine invoices button).

So if a buyer wins an auction from you on Monday, we would send them an invoice which they can pay for the item they've just won. If they then win an auction from you on Wednesday it's automatically combined with the auction from Monday - and we send them an invoice so that they can pay for both items they've won. Then, if they win an item from you at auction on Friday, again we will combine that purchase with the two earlier items won - and send an invoice. At this time no additional reminders would have been sent yet, since we already sent a new combined invoice to the buyer. If after that, they do not win any additional auctions, but still have not paid, we automatically send them a reminder invoice via email - one - for all three auctions - which would result in one PayPal payment when paid.
  • I have an invoice ready to go but how do you actually send an invioce to your customer?
  • David - this is done automatically - please see the above.
  • I have a buyer who bought an item on 10/ 6/16 . Then he bid on an auction coming due on 5th day after the first item? Now this makes 2 problems or more. The 1st item has a $2.00 shipping fee. The shipping on the next is free. The 1st item cost $5 & the 2nd cost $35. I give free shipping after purchases of $20.00 or more. Now the way I see it, he will owe me $40. And no shipping charges, but this isn't working right, be cause last week I sold an item for $35. And when he was invoiced by hip stamps, for $39.00. He paid the shipping charge by pay pal. When I sent him his stamp and included $2.00. A refund of the shipping charge. Now point is, did I do something wrong or did hip stamp do it. Now can this problem be fixed now or must I change something before it continues on.