Where are the instructions for using the bulk lister for new HS listings?

I recall the painful experience back in '07 struggling to get the BS bulk uploaded set up, but much trial and error and support from others finally got it working for me. I don't believe I've ever made any changes to those original settings. Didn't want to mess with it again and it worked very well for the past 9 years.

I had hoped that using the new HS bulk lister CSV file might be self-explanatory and straight-forward for uploading new listings to HS, but I find in the process that "Last Used Settings" is selected by default. Since I've never tried using the bulk lister, this doesn't seem like the appropriate choice. Plus, it takes me to a mapping page. I understand the basic concept of mapping, but don't see any specifics that explain how to proceed. Plus, the "Advanced Settings" that accompany this option don't seem to apply to my attempting to upload new listings to HS and they aren't explained. Maybe I'm misreading them.

Choosing the "Default (System Template)" also takes me to a mapping page, again without any directions and with "Advanced Settings" that in some cases would seem to have an effect on existing HS listings. Maybe I'm just misinterpreting the meanings, but it's unclear to me what the individual "Advanced Settings" are for and when/if I should be using any of them to upload new listings.

Since I don't have time to learn how to do this yet again by experimentation and don't want to screw up existing store listings that Mark brought over from BS and has worked so hard to fix, I need to wait until instructions and explanations are provided before I can add items to the store with this tool. I realize there are probably higher priorities as we get ready to go live and I'm a patient person. I won't be sitting here twiddling my thumbs while I wait, but am looking forward to having a straightforward process for uploading new listings! :-)

Comments

• 5 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • Mark indicated in an earlier thread that he's working on it as a priority... Not fully ready for showtime quite yet.
  • OH. Good to know, Doug. Thanks.
  • Tom, since I do not have an active BS store, I populated my new HS store in the same manner as you are trying to do now. I downloaded a CSV file for my Unsold listings and uploaded that file with the HS bulk lister. Choose the "Use BidStart template" option, and things should go smoothly.

If you are building a new listings file from scratch, just copy the header row from an old BidStart csv file and insert it into your new sheet.

I'm not sure if I have addressed any of your concerns precisely, so I will wait for your response and elaborate more if necessary.

Ted
  • When you use a BidStart csv file as your template, you will have to add a column with the header, "Description."
  • Also, my "Unsold items" csv file didn't include columns with shipping fees, so I had to add those.