"All or None" on Multiple Offers

This feature request is prompted by a recent incident I experienced on The Site That Shall Remain Nameless. I made offers on several comics. The dealer accepted one, and, on the rest, made ridiculous counter-offers only 25c below the original prices. Although we ended up cancelling the whole transaction over a different issue, the incident highlighted a danger of making multiple offers, in that many buyers try to order as many items as they can, in order to average down the shipping cost for each. If a dealer accepts only one of your offers, you are committed to buying it and paying more than you wanted to spend for it, when factoring in the shipping.

Would it be possible to add an option, when making multiple offers, to specify that the offers are made on an all or none basis? If one offer is declined, all of the offers are void. In addition, an all or none offer would be a firm offer, with no counter-offers allowed. My declined offers were in line with the one that was accepted, and I felt that the dealer was simply gaming the system, committing me to buy one item at my offer price, and, for all intents and purposes, "forcing" me to buy the other items at a higher price than I desired.

Ted

Comments

• 2 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • Excellent point. Thank you, Ted.
  • Some sellers offer items at a low price but charge silly high shipping.
    Some sellers make a bigger profit on shipping than the item they are selling.
    Attempting to buy a group of items with one shipping fee will never happen from them.

Any seller is entitled to try and get whatever they want. Just be aware of the fine print and reward sellers
    who are reasonable. Many are delusional about what their items are worth.
    They wouldn't pay 20% of what they are trying to sell something at, but are insulted if offered 50% of their (wishful)
    selling price.