monthly drawing winners

edited August 2018 in Questions 0 LikesVote Down
where do we see the monthly winners identified? seems sometimes they are announced and other times no word.

Comments

• 20 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • this

•• Click on 'Giveaways' at the bottom of the home page . . . on the page that opens - under 'FILTER' - click on the menu and select 'Closed Giveaways'.

•• Congratulate Kevin R. from Washington!
  • It's an amazing fact that, even since the StampWants days (isn't this now almost 20 years?), the total number of those with little to no feedback who win the monthly drawings is staggering.
  • I have thought the same thing now for about 5-6 years.
  • The Greek stamp that just ended was again won by a zero feedback player...
  • I've shortened my finger from entering these "FREE" giveaways.....bought hundreds of dollars of stamps too and I'm still coming up "dry"
  • I know I've won a few times and Michael you won right?
  • I have not won a monthly giveaway (that I can remember). I did win a prize for selling the 1 millionth item on StampWants, and I won a prize on a different contest on the Gibbons version of BidStart. I also have sponsored several monthly giveaways on all three site iterations.
  • Screen Shot 2018-09-01 at 7.59.25 AM
    . . . and today's reenforcement of that lament . . .
    0 & 1
    0 feedback - and even worse - just 1 entry!! :neutral: :neutral: :neutral:
  • even a blind hog can find an acorn
  • The whole point of the giveaways is to bring new collectors to HipStamp. It is not a reward system. It is working perfectly as intentioned.
  • Good point.....but there needs to be some qualifying aspect for entrants that have been faithful in buying; not just looking casually.
  • Rod, that is definitely true. However, one would think that since it is a "random" selection that there would be more people winning who have some sort of feedback count , right? Looking at the winners' list, one could be led to wrongly (or rightly?) think that most people on HipStamp have little to no feedback, meaning that they are only hanging around for the prizes.

Look at the winner of the inverted Jenny. Took the prize and ran off never to be heard from again. I guess he was trying to hide from the IRS?
  • As for new collectors Rod...I don't believe they even know this website exists, so your theory about bringing new collectors seems weak. A qualifier to prevent giving something to those who are not Registered users with a history of some feedback is contrary to popular belief by the majority of us who consistently buy and enter hoping to add a "prize" to our collection.
  • edited September 2018 2 LikesVote Down
    The giveaways are a wonderful attraction to the site and draw many new users. It's a nice feature by Mark and he has a reputation of being very generous regarding these raffles i.e. Inverted Jenny. You must have a little luck to win, I haven't made it to that circle yet. I have given away several attractive stamps and the winners have always been very excited and appreciative. The more people spend time enjoying stamps and Hipstamp the better. You probably don't need to worry about the users trying to game the system perhaps there are several hundred who max their 30 entries a month. Even so you have good chances to win and the more sellers that participate increase that along with your purchases.
  • Mark does a fair amount of advertising so I suspect plenty of collectors are aware this site exists. Word of mouth plays into this as well: for example, when I sell something on that 'other site,' my invoice always includes links to my stores in the Hip community. Further, on FaceBook, I mention this site whenever an opportunity presents itself. The word is definitely out there.

I agree that the constant stream of GiveAway winners is a tad frustrating. I would suggest that Mark make a minimum feedback number requirement before anyone can enter the contest(s). It doesn't (and shouldn't) have to be a high number (perhaps a feedback of 5 positives)....this would help to mitigate any frustration while at the same time, perhaps acting as an incentive for collectors new to this site to purchase some stamps here as a means of being able to enter the GiveAways.
  • Now we're talking....who out there has a direct line to Mark or the person responsible for promulgating the qualification parameters? Their move!
  • It's the federal and state laws that govern how and what sweepstakes (giveaways) ,raffles (non-profits only) and lotteries (government run) can and can not do.
  • You cannot require someone to purchase a product in order to enter a giveaway such as this. It is against the law in the US to do so.
  • I suspect everywhere, here included. Checkmate.