Germany unissued nondenominated Hermann Göring (1944?)

I would welcome information (including approx. value) about this from anybody who knows.GerGoring

Comments

• 2 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • During World War II, both Germany and the Allies issued propaganda stamps that were derivatives of actual stamps. For example, the US issued stamps that looked like the Hitler definitive stamps, but Hitler's face was in the form of a skull.

Michel lists some of the propaganda stamps. I did not find the example from your image in Michel. It looks like Goering (sp?) caged like an animal.
  • I found some more info online. The following extended quotation comes from a long article called Propaganda and Espionage Philately
    By SGM Herbert A. Friedman (Ret.) on the Web page psywar.org. "...the 'Göring imprisoned' label was apparently produced privately for profit. Some individual...thought that he could swindle a gullible public by producing a Hermann Göring stamp...I first wrote about this parody in 'Truth about stamps that lie - forgeries,' Stamp Weekly, 28 September 1967 and later in 'Propaganda frauds,' S.P.A. Journal, November 1968. We believe that it was privately produced in Germany after the war...It represents an unissued 54+96 pfennig denomination in deep purple, showing Field Marshal Hermann Göring, Commander in Chief of the Luftwaffe, behind a wire fence...The producer, a German stamp dealer, was convicted in 1959 in Berlin for selling (but not for printing!) the 'Göring imprisoned' sheet..."