NO, I do not want your stupid help

edited February 2021 in Questions 2 LikesVote Down
How do I get rid of that annoying Need Help? I forgot the previous discussions about this awful popup. Wow! I didn't know that all I had to do was write this question. Cool!

Comments

• 6 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • Depending on the alignment of the planets, which program you are using (Win 7, Win 10, Mac, Linux), and which browser you are using a pop up blocker MAY work.
    I had a combination that worked and then something happened. I now have to use a sticky note to cover the area as it appears to set off mini seizures (much like a strobe light can do if you are susceptible. That has it's own set of problems as it blocks some things you NEED.
    I have no idea why they can't put in a toggle but for some reason they apparently want us to all suffer. Thinking it may be covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act but not sure it is worth the effort. Sticky note pads are cheap.
  • I agree, Carol
  • I don't have any medical condition (yet) that would make that idiotic popup note dangerous. I may soon, though. It's about to drive me BS CRAZY. It never fails to give me a start, distracting me from my work.

I'm also convinced, now, that the Feature Requests section of the Forum is totally bogus. Any improvements that might coincide with a corresponding request for that feature is mere coincidence, as the most important and persistently requested features are perpetually ignored without so much as an acknowledgement from HS (to what end, god only knows).

Am I feeling frustrated? I don't know; ask Ron.
  • images-2
    Like the time you tried to teach me to tango
  • It was hard to give instructions with that rose between my teeth jabbing my tongue with thorns.
  • If you have Firefox for your browser it is very easy fix with the ABP button right next to the search box on the top right of the header. Click on that then there is a blue box that says to block element click on that and then click on the stupid need help popup. It might take a couple of tries but it will get done.
    It is a very stupid item and one of a few stupid things that come sup on this site but Carol is right as it is probably against the ADA rules and if some one causes a stink HipStamp could end up with a fine which is not good.
    I got rid of it a long time ago and I was under the assumption that it was removed.