Reperf on right??

I contacted seller about this item, asking for a reverse image. Unfortunately , he says he will not provide it, but if I don't like it , he'll take it back within 30 days...fair enough. Description is "unused ( stamp without gum or regummed), VF"..... I think maybe a re-perf also? Check it out and interested in your observations.
86d55a699389c76bb4656d8fe4f9b65d

Comments

• 10 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • Fair enough?You're more forgiving than I.
    Sorry, I can't render an educated opinion, but seeing who the dealer is automatically makes this stamp suspect.
  • Yes, Ted, I found the response fascinating as it is not a 25 cent stamp I am inquiring about.
  • Mr. Bravo, I can see your concern, the holes seem different, side to side. But if someone reperfed the side, why not the bottom as well to get rid of the line? And the paper tone is just not attractive to me. Not my call, of course, I can't afford one, but I think you could do better.
  • edited August 2021 2 LikesVote Down
    Rene, my advise is run, run away fast and as far as you can get from this seller. Any seller that won't provide additional information or photos, and provides no description in their listings, barely bothers to put the US Scott # in, and a face value... what kind of quality do you think you're getting from that?
    Ted is right, this seller is a notorious shyster, who skirts the very edge of maintaining a dealer status. He's not "misleading" you by telling you it's anything other than OG in his "description", and won't comment on any other element of it. He knows what's wrong with them, but that's "your problem", exactly the kind of dealer who gives this industry a bad name. He does NOT have ASDA status and just on sheer principal I don't buy anything from this guy because I don't want to support him.
    That's my sugar coated version.
    Oh and yes, 99% certain this is reperfed on right.
  • I understand that the principal has passed away last year ( summer 2020) and his enormous holdings are being sold by others now. That would explain a little.
  • edited August 2021 2 LikesVote Down
    I wrote : "Thank you for your rapid response. I have two concerns that affect fair market value. Is the stamp being sold exactly the stamp seen on the listing? The stamp listed is very likely a re perf, specifically on the right. I do not see any creases, and there is no mention of thins, and not even sure of gum. These are fairly common questions asked of stamps that list in the hundreds of dollars. Before I offer on this, I want to make this as satisfying as possible. My best, Rene Bravo"

Response: "We understand your concerns. We stand by our items and we guarantee refund if it is not to your liking. This is the most we can do since our physical inventory is in a different location. Your satisfaction is important to us. Thank you!"

Analysis- I appreciated the politeness and rapidity of response, but I noticed no assurance that the image portrayed is the stamp sold ( simple response I think) and really no attempt to say, "hey, we will call "Yada" to have a closer look.

Conclusion- Response does not to rise to a reasonable level providing confidence in this purchase (or future transactions).
    I am sure someone else may get this, but it will be sad when future sale occurs and it's a devalued item not as thought.

Lesson: Buyer beware, there are some selling that may use positive sales platitudes, but do not actually perform. In other words, "the words and music" do not go together here. Being very knowledgable about what you are getting is very important.

well, thank you all for your responses and keeping this professional.
  • Charlie, thank you, that is a great tool.
  • Rene,

When I first saw the stamp in the demo I could see that it was reperfed at top. I also believe that the #311 has been reperfed on the right also.