Tedski's Treasures

I don't want to distract and detract from Phil's Fine Philatelic Finds, so I thought I'd start a thread for stamps that catch my eye and float my boat, starting with some Belgian parcel post stamps.

Belgium< Scott Nr Q318 (1949)
Belgium Q318 1949

Comments

• 58 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • From a set of 3, I love that design of the train being shot from the arrow.

Belgium, Scott Nr Q304-306 (1948)
    Belgium Q304-306 1948
  • edited May 2022 3 LikesVote Down
    Isle of Man, Scott Nr 1824-1829 (2016)

Isle of Man released this set which reproduces art by Roger Dean which was used on record album covers by Yes and Uriah Heep (Sea of Light). The 77p is a painting for an as-yet unreleased Yes album, Blind Owl.
    The 45p value is an original work, Meeting Place, inspired by Isle of Man landscapes, and created for the stamp set.
    dean 1

dean 2

dean 3

dean 4

dean 5

dean 6
  • A fully engraved (albeit computer-engraved) souvenir sheet of Spains Palace of Communications, issued in 2019.
    2206_0003
  • Been making album pages with AlbumEasy, including this one for the 4th Bureau Rotary Coil Joint Line Pairs.
    B4 Coil JLP
  • Belgium, Scott Nr Q322 (1949)
    Belgium Q322 1949
  • Sticking with the Belgium theme, these lions rampant cut quite the impressive figures.

Belgium, Scott Nr 332, 336 (1944)
    Belgium B332-336 1944
  • More Vintage Locomotives..trains 1
    trains 2
  • Here is a beautiful souvenir sheet from Hungary, Scott Nr C66 (1948), marking the centenary of the opening of the chain bridge, connecting the cities of Pest and Buda.
    Hungary C66 1949
  • The black print of Austria's Beethoven 250th Birthday issue.
    Beethoven Austria BP
  • da ra me fa so la ti dum
  • Oh......
    I gotta get me some.
    "Close to the Edge" is 50 years old this year.
  • Buffalo gal won't you come out tonight.
    USA, Scott Nr 569 (1923)
    USA Scott 569 (1823)
  • That is beautiful. Is the software simple to use and do you have much flexibilty on setup, and compatibility with other programs, etc. I have been using EZ Stamp software which has worked pretty well for my Pope John Paul II pilgrimage stamp album (adding pictures, lots of text regarding his trips and of course stamps). However, not compatible with any other program (PPT, Word, Adobe, etc). Just curious since I may try something else for my next album. Thanks.
  • Thanks Ted. I did check out the website and the quick tutorial. It is simple and looks like a great tool (and it is free!!!). I misspoke about the program I am using - it is called AlbumGen which is complimentary to the EZStamp program. One of the main differences there is (other than creating PDF prints) is that you can scan pictures of the stamps into the program or download from EZ stamp. More complicated - but I guess better if you want to have a picture of the stamp on your album page. Here is an example of a simple page I created with AlbumGen with the pictures included. I will ultimately place the stamps on top of these pictures. It is alot of work - but hopefully worth it.
    Anyway - thanks alot for the info on albumeasy.

AlbumGen page example
  • To which stamp are you referring, Bob? I am not proficient at detecting reperfs, though I have several stamps in my collection which I suspect are reperfed. If a stamp sheet was line-perfed, the holes should not look perfectly circular, as the perf pins are on a wheel and enter the paper at an angle. The edge of the holes will have a pressure ridge, on the gum side, at the edge where the pin entered the paper, and on the face side, at the edge where the pin leaves the paper. These can be difficult to detect, though, after many years of handling, pressure from album pages/stock books, or soaking, in the case of used stamps. The perf tips will also be examined for scraping -- attempting to make a cut edge appear as if it was torn apart from the adjacent stamp.
  • OH, Belgium theme... I thought it was a train theme. ><

• I guess Scott was right; it's a train theme. :smiley:
  • And back to a Belgium theme (or is it a music theme?).
    Belgium Souv Panel
  • Lovely. Much cool...
  • Da Da Da Dum!!!!!! Nice!
  • What did you call me?
  • edited May 2022 0 LikesVote Down
    20220510_200450
    V for...umm. well, yeah...
  • Did I do a Churchill Oops? My apologies if I did. I'll just blame the dang cat anyway. Meow!
  • LOL. LOVE the subtlety.
  • Greg, you've made a common mistake in your phonetic music. It's actually ," Dum Dum Dum Da!!!."
  • Dough, the stuff, I trade for beer.
    Ray, the guy that sells me beer (hi, Ray!).
    Me, the guy, I drink beer with.
    Fa, a long time every night.
    So. I think I'll have a beer.
    Me, I'll have another beer.
    Ray, please get me a beer.
    And that brings us back to dough....
  • YES, these look familiar!
  • Love those. Love Ridger Dean.
  • My sources have leaked to me a new private issue stamp to be issued by a certain catalogue publisher . . .
    Amos Stamp