Buyers’ Poll

Saw this on Twitter:
C38D0670-11BF-47B8-B95E-B9F90D3F30AA

On the bright side, Amazon, Catawiki, Philasearch, and Stamp Auction Network all rated even lower than HS.

Comments

• 15 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • Well I have.
  • edited August 2022 0 LikesVote Down
    Funny that 1 person isn’t sure. Though, that could be Greg wondering if it was Bentley who ordered that Zepp set that shows on his credit card statement.
  • FYI, the Flea Bay had Yes/No % of 51/48, with again a mystery purchase that may or may not have been Bentley.
  • sellers don't be glum - since twitter is not philatelic/stamps (I believe) only maybe none of the 81% non buyers even collect said mdse. In truth zero value if not asked who of following (fill in platforms here) did you last buy from/usually do
  • i always buy here. still a good site to buy. :-)
  • Just as an FYI (i.e. not trying to convince you of the accuracy of the poll), Suzanne is Managing Director of PTS and has a sizeable philatelic Twitter following. Still, there were only 104 responses, out of >3,000 followers she has.
  • Don't know who she is and don't care. A Twitter poll, in my opinion, is only useful for twits who like poll dancing. Maybe I'm outtaline with this but so be it. And what is a PTS? Is it PTS without the "D"?

Here is a new poll for those on this forum. How many of you care what a Twitter poll of 104 people means to either dealers or customers here?
  • Don’t mince words, Bentl . . . Greg. What do you really think? :smiley:
  • Man! If I get banned from Twitter for this....oh, wait, not on it anyway. So still don't care.

All I know in reference to that poll question is that 100% of the fine customers of The Bentley Collection who have purchased something in the last 30 days.....purchased something in the last 30 days. And I, and Bentley of course, couldn't appreciate those folks more. That is what matters to me (us).
  • Nobody asked me....
  • If a tree asks you a question, but you're not there to hear it, did it purchase an item on HipStamp (with no s)?
  • I am groot!
  • There's Groot, get the matches!

Greg, have to agree... Twitter polls mean nothing, the followers are irrelevant (who knows why they follow her, maybe they just like her glasses.) It's not a "scientific poll", and the question is phrased as a bias, because when does the "last 30 days" start or stop? It's meaningless.

The question is this: Are you doing what you need to do to keep your sales healthy? That is all that matters. The where is irrelevant.
    We list in 2 places: Hipstamp and Siegel. We have different criteria for each. We don't give a wet slab about where people buy in the last month... we only care that they are buying quality (and that means, you know what you are getting 100%) from us.
  • When those pesky pollsters call me ( always in the middle of dinner), I ALWAYS ask who is paying for the poll. They almost never are able to tell me, so I decline participation. The point is, all polling has a purpose and the respondent's right ( arguably responsibility ) is to know how your opinion could be used . The Twitter poll is truly not a real poll, but a momentary query of a small group. I see it as entertainment. All is good in this California hot, dry, corona-viral summer.images
  • That is certainly how I took it, Señor Bravo -- as a bit of trifle entertainment.