postage

Is there some rule that says an item must be sent Fedex. I bought a stamp (good deal, I thought) only to be hit with a $45 postage cost. This is about 30% of the cost of the stamp so it seems, suddenly, a bad deal. I am aware I should have checked the postage first but, hitherto, have always found the postage costs reasonable. so assumed that was still the case. Any information on this?

Comments

• 3 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • No rules. It is up to the seller. On the surface, this seems extreme, but don't know the details. Seems like the seller wants to make sure the stamp is delivered, but there are less expensive ways to accomplish this. Best to discuss this with the seller. Perhaps you can work out a different arrangement to satisfy both of your needs.

I got hit with an additional registered fee of $18 that I didn't expect from Canada and thought that was excessive. My purchase price at auction exceeded his cut-off for normal shipping charges by a couple of bucks (as explained in his shipping) and he sent me an additional invoice which I reluctantly paid. I no longer purchase from this seller as I felt his shipping policy was not reasonable.
  • If you are hit with any "back door" charges added on after the sale, AND such charges are not stated in the seller's terms and conditions, then that is illegal. Contact HipStamp Admin.
  • Note that sellers are not allowed to specify any additional charges for shipping in their own terms. From our terms and conditions, which all sellers must follow:

- Shipping and Handling charges, including for additional items, are required to be specified using the options we provide.
    - It is not permissible to instruct buyers that they must pay any additional amount for shipping above the amount automatically calculated using the options we provide. This includes, but is not limited to, asking buyers to pay an additional amount if their order is above a certain amount.