Is this of any value

IMG_20200529_0001
I cannot find this sheetlet anywhere on auction sites.Is it of any value

Comments

• 8 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • That is a Polish Occupation sheet. The General Government designation was the administrative body label the Nazis used early in occupation ( 1939 ). You can find great info in the Michel's catalogue under the Germany section , occupation philately. The English catalogues may have it under Poland Occupation. But focus on year 1939-1940. A ton of those were issued as the Germans were prolific philatelists and they loved their stamps. Many of these are now coming out for sale. I cannot give you the value, but they are not rare. The history makes them VERY interesting. They issued some very attractive stamps.
  • Maybe some people can justify to themselves the owning, buying, selling and so on of nazi material/memorabilia. Personally, I would not let that into my house.
  • edited May 2020 8 LikesVote Down
    John, many American veterans of that war brought home tons of Third Reich material (even though they were not supposed to). They considered it the spoils or war, souvenirs of the victory over the evil fascist tyrant Hitler. Understandibly, the pain generated by their images are still hard for some. There is quite a bit of study and analysis in Third Reich philately, the propaganda, portrayels, even what that culture valued. Philatelic study does not equal admiration, but desire for knowledge. And thankfully, the Germany led by the NSDAP ( the "Nazi's as we call them) all disappeared under a massive world bombardment. Stamp collecting allows a study of geography and world history, winners and tyrants. We should study so we NEVER FORGET. images
  • Know thy history or be doomed to repeat it.
  • Hey, you are all free to collect what you want. And I am free to be offended. I'm not calling for it to be censored, I'm stating my opinion. I stand by my comments.
  • Right, everyone has a right to there opinion. To me, it is a bit offensive however I understand the time these stamps were issued so its almost inevitable that something like this would be produced during that time.
  • Hello Micheal,

This is Michel #65 from 1941 as miniature sheet. With a plate number "1", the current CV (Michel) is Euro 80 for MNH and Euro 30 for mint hinged.
  • Thank you Benedikt,I could not find it on Hip,Ebay or delcampe,I will probably list it for $10 as I only collect Europe 1910-20