Ukraine Stamp Contest Winner Chosen

2»

Comments

• I am able to log in to my account with them and my order is still in "WAIT" status.
  • edited April 2022 0 LikesVote Down
    Ditto. If I sign in to my account, my order still says 'wait' (as in wait for email on how to pay). Fingers remain crossed.
    well.. at the least it reminds people that stamp collecting is a valid fun hobby! just had a military helicopter pilot tell me he bought some on Ebay and was giving a few to me. :-) I mean this is great PR for philately! :-) I hope he paid little for them as i did not have the heart to tell him they were worth about 10 cents.
  • There's a report that this stamp has sold out with in person sales.
    Our online orders might be out of luck.
  • Hi there!

You have ordered our “Russian Warship go F.. yourself” stamp. Due to the significant number of speculative orders, we had to cancel all prior orders. However, tomorrow we are opening an opportunity for you to re-order first, between 9:00 and 10:00 am (Kyiv Time Zone), before it will be available to the public. The link for the order will be sent at 9:00 am.

Please note that since our goal is to make the stamp available to a maximum number of clients, the sale will be limited to 1 block of stamps and 2 themed envelopes per order. We would kindly ask you not to order multiple times, as such orders will be blocked and cancelled.

Thank you for your attention to Ukrainian postage stamps! Please stay tuned for the upcoming issues.

Kind Regards
  • You got that also, good I don't have to copy paste mine. Now Im just trying to do the math to covert the time to here.
    2am - 3am EST
  • Yeah, I guess it is time to get my younger self out of storage so I can stay up for this one.
  • There was a denial of service attack on the Ukraine Post Office website this morning.
  • Well that explains that. I was a little pissed in the early hours of the morning.
  • Me, too! I got my email at 2:50am Eastern and couldn't get to the site...same this morning....
  • edited April 2022 1 LikesVote Down
    Ukraine Post master confrimed there will be a second issue with both designs in one mini sheet.
    With five million copies.

rb7el9uvy3v81

Edit to add.
    I think I might have fallen for a joke.
    The Russia Ship Moskva is missing and sunk on some of the stamps.
    I kind of hope it's not a joke.
    It might not be a joke.

https://suspilne.media/231750-rf-viznae-proval-osnovnogo-planu-vijni-ta-zminue-metodi-britanska-rozvidka/

Ukrposhta presents a new postage stamp with a "Russian ship". The word "DONE" will be added to the new stamp, which is a reference to the sunken Russian cruiser "Moscow" .

This was announced by the head of Ukrposhta Igor Smilyansky.

According to him, the rules of issuing Ukrposhta stamps did not allow to print the exact stamp as it was in the first "edition".

"But we could not fail to meet the wishes of millions of people. Therefore, today we announce the release of the second brand of this series -" Russian warship .. EVERYTHING "or" Russian Warship… DONE ", - said Smilyansky.

The circulation of the stamp will be 5 million copies, and the envelope 1 million.

What is known
    On April 12, Ukrposhta put into circulation a stamp depicting a Ukrainian warship and a Russian ship. Mark refers to the phrase "Russian warship, go n *** y." This is the response of Ukrainian soldiers from Snake Island, which the occupation ship received during the Russian invasion of Ukraine on February 24 to offer to surrender. It was said by Roman Gribov.
    On April 13, the Ukrainian military aimed at the Russian cruiser Moscow, which threatened Zmiiny's defenders. On April 14, Russia acknowledged that the cruiser "Moscow" sank in the Black Sea.
    The All-Ukrainian competition for the best sketch for this postage stamp was announced on March 1. The author of the winning sketch, Borys Grokh, lived in the Crimea. In 2014 he moved to Kyiv, and later to Lviv. They voted for the works on Facebook and Instagram. More than 1,700 votes were cast for his painting. A total of 8,000 people voted.
    In 5 days, Ukrposhta sold half a million marks with a Russian ship.
    From April 21, a postage stamp about a Russian warship can be purchased in the Ukrposhta online store . The sale of the brand in the branches has been suspended.
    At the same time, massive cyber attacks on Ukrposhta services began .

End quote.

"Russian warship, go n *** y." Is probably a closer to the english equivalent of " Russian warship go f*** Y******.
    A more Direct Ukrainan translation would be Russian Warship, go (get) on a ( a very vulgar slang term for a male menber. That you wouldn't say in mixed company, and has no equivalent english word vulgar enough)
    KInd of the same, but worse.
  • Puck Futin.
  • edited April 2022 1 LikesVote Down
    Check your Email.
    I just got a notifiction that the website is back up.
    This came at 11:26 pm PDT

They are now being called a "novelty" not a postage stamp.
    So there is a price increase from US $.80 for the mini sheet of 6 to US $9.00 plus US$7.20 shipping $.10 packing.
    Only one per custormer.

I was succesful in ordering one, plus some others, just because.

I'll gladly pay a premium to the Ukrainan Post Office,
    what I didn't like were the profitteers.
  • Ukrainian Post Office opened up an Ebay store this morning.
    listing 1,495 examples of the sunken ship variety, for 49.95.

They sold out in minutes.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/155008151084?nma=true&si=C95IzWyOVjE1J9sDcoQxyr6UxGU%3D&orig_cvip=true&nordt=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557
  • Thanks for reminding me, the one I ordered some time ago should be showing up soon. Happy days.
  • edited May 2022 0 LikesVote Down
    Thanks for reminding me, the one I ordered some time ago should be showing up soon. Happy days.

Check your email.
    I received an email on 4/29 asking me to confirm my order.
    Still might take awhile for it to come.

We are pleased to announce that we have completely restored the work of our online shop!

By clicking on the button below, you will be able to complete the order of the postage stamp «Russian warship, go…!». We emphasize that you can order the postage stamp at this link only from one device and only once. We also duplicate the link to your Viber phone number.

As before, you can buy only one sheet with six postage stamps of any denomination.

Complete the order
  • Finally arrived today!

2022-06-21-154413
  • I was just going to post the same.
    You beat me to it.
  • Go ahead, Alan. We don't mind. (Well, I do, a little. I'm a Ukraine collector, and I missed the boat on these.) :neutral:
  • Ted, I'll sell you mine at the low, low, every day ebay price of $100000000000000000000.58 with free first class shipping. Kidding, sorry you missed it.

I heard a rumor, the ship on the stamp is the Russian ship that Ukraine sank (after the stamp was issued). Does anyone know if it is true?
  • edited June 2022 0 LikesVote Down
    P_20220623_121122_LL~2

Was kind of excited to see this big envelop in the mail.

Also ordered these, just because.
    P_20220623_121229_LL

It doesn't show with my phone photos but the gold on this stamp is gold foil.
    It looks nice.
    P_20220623_121527_LL

P_20220623_121327_LL

Haven't been this excited for a bunch of cheap foreign stamps in years.
    P_20220623_122620_LL~2
  • edited August 2022 0 LikesVote Down
    Question for anyone who has ordered from the website:
    On the order confirmation page, my address is shown in reverse order from how it should show on the envelope. This is after filling in my address in the boxes as marked, with State, City, etc.
    Image1

Did your order arrive with your address backwards, or did you go back and fill in the address boxes with the "wrong" information so the address would look correct on the confirmation page.
  • While I have no doubt a postal person could figure out where to deliver a letter addressed as such, I'm not so sure about the automated sorting machinery. With my address on the bottom line, my mail would end up in ZIP code 10450.
  • The mailing label on my last order is arranged the common way, house number first, zip last.
    The order form will let you rearrange the order.
    then when you confirm your delivery address it looks correct.