WOW! I just checked out Ted's store since he got back home...

He's been listing some really great looking new items in the last couple of days. Y'all need to check it out.

https://www.hipstamp.com/store/tatyszka-stamps/?sort=started_desc

Comments

• 17 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • Hey can you guys add "Japan" as a shipping location? That way I could actually see your listings. :)
    And I suspect you won't actually get any orders from here anyway. Just a thought. I hate not being able to see all the great listings people have.

Either that or I need to start a shill account that says I'm in the US just so I can look at stuff. :open_mouth:
  • Nice Ted. What are you using for photos?
  • Ah, thanks to Michael Dodd, I can see them now!
    I love your Canada $1 #227. Makes me want to collect international -- almost!
  • Scott, are you not able to see his store at all? My understanding was that someone can view the store even if they don't ship to the country they are in...they just can't buy anything from it. I only ship to US and I have people from all over make offers on things that I have to turn down (a funky loophole in the HS setup)....but they are at least able to view things. Odd. Plus, if Japan or any other country was added as a "ship to", I/we would be obligated to do just that...ship to.if an oreder came in,
  • Thanks, Greg. That was $5 well spent for your endorsement. :smiley:
    John, these are 600dpi scans. I scan a full page, and then use the PMGS StampFix program (available for free at https://www.germanstamps.net/pmgs-stampfix-demos/) to 1) separate the scan into individual images, 2) auto-rotate the images to square them up, and 3) crop them.

He's also got a couple of other useful programs for stampers. With the demise of retroreveal.com, he developed PMGS Reveal to apply various filters to images to extract hard to read postmark information. He also has an album page generator for use with Scribus, and he makes his own custom designed German album pages available for free download.
  • Good thing I still accept Diners Club and Carte Blanche cards!
  • Hi Scott,
    I took note of your comment about orders from Japan... when I sold on the Delcampe Site I once had a carton of the older (1950ish) 'shoe sting bound' Japan albums. I listed them & they all sold immediatly to several Japanese collectors.. Listing subsiquent items at a higher price they also sold within hours!! Do those small hardcover albums hold a popularity in Japan??
  • edited December 2022 0 LikesVote Down
    Hi Dan,
    Really, no idea. I was just more interested in seeing the sellers stores, if they include their shipping as only to US then I can't see their stores. (Though Michael Dodd has now showed me how I can see them, BUT I have to be careful because if I accidentally buy from someone who doesn't ship to Japan, then it's problematic.
    It has happened to me before, because there are other conditions (store search shows 4 or 5 listing, and they can oddly be selected even when the seller doesn't sell to Japan).

So Greg, no, not accurate. IF you "trick the system" to see listings in any way, even if you are not in their shipping zone, it will let you buy. and then you've got a problem to sort out...
  • Hmmm...ok. Use a VPN or something like that?
  • Michal Dodd gave me the solution, which you can change the "Ship to" location at the bottom right when on a store screen. That allows me to see it, but I have to make sure I don't buy from a seller that won't ship to Japan (or make arrangements to "relay" it through the US.)

So yes a VPN would work, but it still would let me buy from sellers that don't ship internationally.
  • Dan, Coincidentally I came across a few of these in a recent box lot. If the image isn't too large, shown is the '72 version. Are these the ones you were referring to? There is clear interleaving between the pages and the stamps are neatly all hinged to matted spaces of various colours.
    Mine came with a small, hand-written note on a separate piece of paper: "Special 1972 Official Album issued only to Post Office Managers and given me as a personal gift by the P.O. Manager where I lived in '72."

Japan4
  • That's a nice album, George
  • Here's another album in the pile, this one only regarding the Centenary of Japanese Postage Stamps set of 1971, Scott 1057-1059. Only a few pages in size, this booklet includes printed images of Japan's 1st issues, a few pages of information in Japanese charachters, and the set of three stamps hinged into place. I'm assuming this was issued by Nippon Post?
    Anyone able to suggest a retail price while I decide if I'm going to sell it? Phil?
    14a

14b

14c

14d

14e

14f

14g

14h