If You Hate Fun Silly Chatter, Skip This Thread

Comments

• I hadn't watched Little House on the Prairie for years....but it nearly had me crying.

IMG_20210823_155857
  • Ron, oh Ron where are you tonight?
    Why did you leave us here all alone?
    We've searched the world over and can't seem to find you.
    Maybe you met another and, PTHHHFHHH you were gone.

We miss you hombre'.images
  • Anyone ever read "Childhoods End" by Arthur Clarke?
    SyFi did a pretty good miniseries on it.
  • I read Childhood's End a very long, long time ago. So long that I now only recall that I know I read it. I forget everything about it. I think my favorite Clarke novel was Earthlight, which was quite a political and espionage based work for science fiction back then.
  • Umm, Kris, just by the way, what on earth do Little House and Chilhood's End have to do with our Happy Silly Fun Spot?
  • It's just a silly thread
  • I am the walrus...coo coo ca choo.
  • I thought Scott was the walrus
  • I'm a reluctant capitalist, and what exists in America isn't real capitalism anyhow.

Smith''s Invisible Hand is being manipulated by cryptofascists, who have been manipulating society in general since the dawn of the internet
  • Umm, can we get back to the lizard people and the hollow earth?
  • Phil....the Eloi and the Morlocks???
  • Ooooh, that's reaching way back in the wayback. I was thinking more of the big gaping hole Admiral Byrd flew over at the North Pole.
  • Actually Phil....it's reaching into the future....to 802,701 AD...:o)
  • RIP Charlie Watts....

This is probably your best, politically correct work....

• Doesn't your link to the Stones belong in the GASS, GASS, GASS thread??
  • You noticed that too, huh, George.
  • Ron,,,,I was wondering on the way home from work if you are going to have register as a text offender now? :smiley:

Welcome back, missed you hombre'!
  • Greg, that has to be one of your best posts! Way to carry the torch.
  • This one's for you Ron
  • Spank you very much! I was so proud of myself! I told my wife and she just looked at me like, as per usual, I was (and currently am) an idiot. Thankfully for me she is a poor judge of character and almost legally blind. The only reason logically that she agreed to marry me in the first place.

I will gratefully carry the torch for any and all,,,,, unless I get tired and need someone else to carry it...or trip over something. Usually that would be one of the dang cats running around the house.

I think Ted might have the tools laying around to get that ankle monitor off. I heard (really just making this up) that he has experience in such matters. Don't want to know the details.....Comma!
  • Did Bravo just hit 500 on this. Timing,,,is...,,,uh...everything.
  • Rene, was that you as the pinata man? My SIL looks like the singer and his dad's name is Ron. This is heading their way. That is hilarious! BRAVO!
  • A weak play off yours, Greg, I guess I am now a textual deviant. And for those who took some joy in the experience, I'm claiming the text was consensual.
  • Wow. I would have sworn it was nonsensical.
  • Textual deviant!!!! HAHAHAHA! Just claim some kind of Paragraphian disorder. Those guys did....but see what happened to them eh? Hmmm,,,,,,(commas). I think they got "apostrphie'd". But I digress....I guess.
  • What about "indentation"? It seems no one indents the first line of a paragraph anymore. I'm certain the PGs would be dumbfounded. If digress is the opposite of progress, what's the opposite of congress?
    Presbytery?
    Sorry. Old joke from divinity school.
    Seriously, there should be a simple way to indent each paragraph.
    Now that, would be a double winny-winny. We get adherence to arbitrary rules of written communication and tacit recognition of our ancestors.
  • George Washington was noted for having wooden teeth, but did you know he also supplied them for his slaves? An early example of indentured servants.
  • edited August 2021 1 LikesVote Down
    Once a man who created indention,
    On Hipstamp did share his invention.
    Thought not a gent so it seems,
    Because he went to extremes,
    And was promptly sent to detention.
  • There was a young man (just play with me, here) named Ron Lenke
    Whose views about life were just stanky
    When asked what it’s ‘bout
    He said there’s no doubt
    That we’re only here for hanky panky