A Picture is Worth either A Thousand Words, or Just Two

Comments

• That beaver is a little blurry but its got great margins. Is it a #4 or a #1?
  • That's the point, now ain't it? This gentleman wants to sell a thousand dollar stamp, and he can't give us a decent image?
  • Images should always be clear and distinct if not he should not be selling.
  • Blurry beavers with great margins should always be suspicious....always.
  • Just saying, did any of ya'll notice that in the first photo of that last set, the stamp was in a dealer card resting on the seller's bare leg? Yeppers......
  • Classy and sophisticated and sad. It also looks like something from a Dutch Country auction lot. Similar M.O., handwriting, and highlighting on the 102 (maybe I'm wrong). Nothing wrong with that, some really nice material can be had there and the guy probably spent some coin on that stuff if that's the case. I know I occasionally do. I would think that an investment in some kind of scanner would be a good idea. Oh well....eh?
  • Greg,

Yes scanners are very cheap in cost and is the professional way to make an image.
  • You know, I just checked out his store and have no intention to disparage but it seems strange that while there are some more "leg shots" there are quite a few others that appear to be scanned and cropped. Seems like there is some quality material too that actually would be of interest to me for my own collection but I would like to see the backs of some of the higher priced/quality items. Just me I guess.

Also, incredibly, I discovered, incidentally that if a seller/dealer does not leave feedback for the customer after the arbitrary 45 days, the robots at HS will leave the auto positive feedback for the buyer on behalf of the seller. That is new to me. Didn't even think about that end of the equation but I guess their robots work both ways. Oh well....as I said before....
  • It seems the easier things get with technology, the lazier people get.
  • Ted, I was going to read your post, but it was just too much trouble...please pass the bucket of fried chicken...
  • I know, George; I should have provided a

TLDR: Technology easy - people lazy.
  • BTW George, Ted's TLDR is his tender licking' drumstick recipe. Actually quite good, but then that's Ted for ya.
  • Seems he won an ATA Quiz contest too and will be receiving 100 used Japanese stamps for his efforts. His nuggets are indeed golden...
  • Back to the photo, the knee, given what Greg found, I have to wonder if there had been some drastic change in the gentleman's life. I have my own health problems, and I can certainly sympathize about things that suddenly impinge on the everyday...
  • I guess maybe. When I looked at his store though and sorted by recently listed, there were leg shots mixed in with what looked like scanned images listed around the same time. It really doesn't matter to me at the end of the day how folks do their thing but like I said before, Difficult images, no descriptions, no images of the backs, etc., and he has some what appears to be fairly nice material. I bet he would move a lot more items with better presentations. Oh well.
  • How hard can it be?
    20220804_213934
    20220804_214012
    20220804_214114
    20220804_214156
  • That' could be a nice T de C set. It deserves better. Is it MNH, hinged, etc? The more things change...the more they stay the same. Is that third stamp from another planet? Maybe it's a Jupiter local precancel official air post semi-postal. Scarce and rare...seldom seen.
  • Also, this thread reminded me. I wonder how ol Ron Lenke is. He sure has been in the wind for a while.
  • I was missing him myself, recently. Maybe he has found a better bridge to hide beneath.

All four of these photos were from sincere dealers, but they couldn't be bothered about decent presentation. Folks do buy their stamps, just not me.
  • LOL! Maybe so. Sad images though.
  • I know, I know, the horse is dead. But I just must share this little gem.
    Screenshot_20221006-213953_Chrome
    And the opening bid is just $59.95!!!
  • There is no such thing as a dead horse evidently.
  • Just a few old 'swaybacks' heading for the Glue Factory.
  • edited October 2022 0 LikesVote Down
    I have had enough of this guy
    I have shown his photos here several times, but I need to know if I should report him for violations of hipstamp policy. The seller's handle is rjkline317.

20221017_210409
    20221017_210439
    I really dont know what to make of the second photo. I'm a nice guy and I like to avoid trouble, but I think I really have had enough.
  • You are a nice feller fo sho. But sometimes it takes nice guys to take a stand. Report this "seller". There is no downside for you. You know with whom you can trust and do business with and you who to not bother around with. Some potential customers don't have your understanding and maybe get taken to the cleaners by some "sellers". It is your prerogative to ask of the site host to uphold their own standards as a customer. If nobody ever shakes the tree, then the limbs just rot and die eventually....
  • -Gunner, load sabot.
    -Sabot up.
    -Gunner, send sabot.
    -On the way...
  • Just when you thought they had run out of irritating cutesy things to do with a photo....

Screenshot_20221021-213936_Chrome
  • I can't quite put my thumb on it...but something seems a bit "off" about these. Are they the famed and rare "turkey blood reds" of Swiss classic philately? Maybe I'm wrong.
  • edited October 2022 1 LikesVote Down
    I know that mistakes get made, things get overlooked, pushing items into a shop can get blindingly dull. I've done it myself, still got the tee-shirt. But even so, I just don't think I could put an item up for $189 and not check it to make
    sure it's kosher.
  • There is that.