Shipping delays

2»

Comments

• I am waiting to receive a package (non-philatelic). It has been sitting in Carrolton, TX for about a week. The tracking notice say, "Please be patient". I have my suspicions why this is happening, but I'm keeping my mouth shut.
  • Ted "Negative fb is denoted by a white bar on a red field. You have not ever received a negative fb. Congratulations" Well it finally happened! I got a red dot!...and believe it or not from the same buyer who can't seem to be able to communicate!
  • edited September 2020 3 LikesVote Down
    I put it all down to your wonderful president "Donald" (Trump that is).

A. Yes I too believe he is trying to wreck the USPS in an attempt to disrupt postal voting in the upcoming election to try and give himself an edge.

B. Some of the delays can be put down to Covid-19? - but not to this extent - mismanaged of the crisis by Trump has made matters worse.

C. If/when he loses the election and the USPS is wrecked? It might be opened up for sale to the markets which would be a prime opportunity for Trump (with his contacts) to step-in and acquire it for his own business portfolio splitting it up keeping the profitable sections for himself?

Sounds a bit "far fetched"? - well that's what we all thought in the UK about Donald Trump ever becoming president of the United States!

Well we now have Boris Johnson (he just silly) - while you have Donald Trump (and he is just damn dangerous!).
  • edited September 2020 4 LikesVote Down
    OH! Is this a political forum? Or are you just venting?
  • What an excellent business move ! Spew your political garbage from across The Pond and alienate at least 50% of potential customers. Kudos !
    Next we'll have another thread by you whining about lack of sales.
  • edited September 2020 1 LikesVote Down
    This Is "Chatter"?

OK - I'll stand corrected and say that postal delays are entirely all down to an amended "B." - the corona virus and nothing else.

Don't forget. I was also not praising our leader Boris.

George - I have gone past the point of worrying about alienating any potential customers here. As I have stated many times before I just pay my subscription and use the site as a form of advertising of what I sell on the BIG site. The way I look at it here is any sales (more than 25cents)
    are a bonus. https://www.hipstamp.com/store/stampsfirst-day-covers-and-curios
  • Tania Radley
    Who are you to interject yourself into our politics. Your opinion of Trump is irrelevant because you don't live here & you don't have any say here. You have problems in your country to worry about so don't worry yourself with ours.
    If you can't sell on this site maybe you should consider doing something else & stop complaining about this site
  • Tania, please don't bring your rubbish, ill informed political views to this forum, thanks.
  • Tania, you can share your "rubbish, ill informed political views" with me anytime. We have a tradition here, called Freedom of Speech.
  • Anybody just think that it may be an overwhelming amount of mail in the system that is tying up the sorting facilities and customs?

• edited September 2020 0 LikesVote Down
    Sorry all - and thanks John,

I seem to have ruffled a few feathers here with my theories/views/opinions on why delays of mail to North America if anything appear to be getting worse and not improving?

As you say, both our countries have Freedom of Speech - and I see no reason why that should not also apply to the forum "Chatter" board. After all, I post a lot overseas from sales on ebay and this site and have experienced these delays for myself.
  • Well, "Freedom of Speech" relates to one thing: The government "shall not" deny someone their right to free speech. HipStamp is a private entity, not the government.

Private entities can restrict the nature of speech. It is their right. Now, HipStamp basically states that hate and comments abusive to others is not permitted. Some other stamp collecting sites prohibit discussions about politics, religion, etc. The reasoning is that hobby sites are not political in nature. They are venues where people can get away from the shit around them, and relax. There are plenty of sites where political commentary is permitted and wanted.

I am not saying you can't talk politics on HipStamp. Mark has not said anything like that here that I can recall. I am just adding a perspective of what this site is about, and that is collecting stamps, and the fun of the hobby.
    Regarding shipping delays, I received a shipment of stamps from a fellow in Scotland. It was shipped to me on August 21, and I received it in Texas USA on September 5. Two weeks is very reasonable, if not the norm.
  • Mail from the US TO Canada seems to be taking 2 to 3 weeks to get to me, Mail FROM Canada to the US appears to be doing better. Anything outside of North America, with the exception of the UK, seems to be wildly unpredictable and many countries still have no service to or from Canada..

https://www.hipstamp.com/store/fatdanes-stamp-store
  • "I seem to have ruffled a few feathers here with my theories/views/opinions on why delays of mail to North America if anything appear to be getting worse and not improving?"

"Well we now have Boris Johnson (he just silly) - while you have Donald Trump (and he is just damn dangerous!)."

Divisive statements like the second one seem to have little to do with delays of mail so don't act surprised by the responses you got. The Freedom of Speech sword cuts both ways !
  • edited September 2020 1 LikesVote Down
    George D,

I have already said "I'll stand corrected" and "Sorry" in my last 2 posts.

It's you who is bringing up my earlier post again - I'm not going to rise-to-your-bait !
  • Frankly, Tania, I'm a bit surprised and disappointed to read your initial comment and subsequent responses in this forum. I'm hoping this to be a momentary departure from what I've held as your previously posted and regarded contributions. Normally, I might just let the dialogue exchange flow, especially when I have no insightful information to add, but what I'm seeing here comes across as pushing beyond the intended scope and boundaries of our forums - even allowing for a more generalized category of "chatter". Collectively, you appear to disparage our president by attributing to him (granted in your opinion) the potential demise of our postal system, and ascribing political intent and financial gain as his motivation. Not content with such an isolated jab, you further relegate your own leader as being silly and demote Hipstamp to merely a tool to aiding your eBay sales: "I just pay my subscription and use the site as a form of advertising of what I sell on the BIG site." When you rattle a "beehive" here and justify it through free speech, make a retraction of questionable sincerity, as evidenced by dismissive responses to other's replies (ie: attributing George's follow up post as somehow "baiting" - his free speech to be disregarded because it wasn't delivered in time), are you not the provocateur? Hoping for better, more productive dialogue from us all here.
  • edited September 2020 3 LikesVote Down
    Thanks Ron for your comprehensive reply.

I was merely responding to John M's post (sorry John) which you may or my not be surprised to hear is a view recently and repeatedly spun by the UK media.

Most of what you say is correct - including me putting down our own leader Boris Johnson - which some might find somewhat difficult to understand. Lets just say that it's a British thing? and on the subject of Hipstamp I have to admit to taking my eye off the ball as I have not been monitoring sales properly and they have been far better than just enough to pay for a few months advertising of my items synchronized over from ebay. I'm on other internet selling platforms which take up plenty of my time in the pursuit of earning a living. Nevertheless I'm going to review those Hipstamp figures tonight.

I've already apologized and doing so again would be counterproductive. Members have already formulated their opinions of me - which I am not going to be able to change - "c'est la vie"
    Well, Tania, we certainly all have our own political opinions. My initial comment after your comment was really meant to be sarcastic since this is a hobby site and not a political forum. Right now there is a horrendous political division in the USA, something I have not seen before in my 76 years. We just do not need a Brit to throw fuel on the fire, we are doing it ourselves very well. Apology accepted and I will shut up.
  • Understood Wayne.
    Life "sucks" (including national & international politics) in this terrible year............ 2020 AD

So it's good night from me .........and try and stay safe everyone!
  • Now I am encouraged by your civil, reflective response ....sadly something more uncommon these days, when a more defensive tone might be evidenced. Dare I suggest opinions are malleable; hopefully guided by extending grace and an awareness of one's own humanity? To that end, I am feeling a restoration of regard for you, Tania.