New Hip Stamp

Comments

• Of course maybe I'm just listing items lately that nobody wants. Hmmm.....maybe it's....ME!
  • You do understand that often times in January people are clearing up bills from Christmas and then you have some having to pay their 4th quarter estimated taxes on Tuesday this year, if you have to file for sale taxes they are due at the end of January along with the 1st half of most property taxes are also due on January 31st.
  • Yes, of course. I am not complaining. That doesn't do any good. And I'm not worried. I've been through this rodeo long enough to know that it will be fine. As I said, there are other variables at work. But then again.....as Ron said so eloquently....MAYBE IT"S ME!!!! (Ron White...not Ron Lenke) :smile:
  • Unless I'm mistaken, a random review of the comments here suggests that the changes to the website are not being entirely well received. Certainly, the comments weigh on the negative side, which I am inclined to agree with. I can categorically state that my issues are not because things changed per se, but because the changes don't seem to be ready for prime time, so to speak. I'm sorry if anyone thought that my opinions have more merit than anyone else's (I was just accused of that on another chatter). All of us presumably want the same thing - an easy to use, functioning site. There are currently too many negative changes and glitches, but I've stated my opinion too many times already, so I think I'll just stay off here so that I don't ruffle any more feathers.
  • edited January 2022 1 LikesVote Down
    well my chrome log in lasted for 5 hours so far.. :-) maybe they worked on that?

Micky, don't let anyone bully you into leaving. Your were fine with your post the reply to you was rude and totally out of line. That happens here sometimes. :-) laugh it off? :-)

For me the changes are minimal as i am not selling here and my 5k listings are listed elsewhere not here due to the never resolved or even replied to - sync issues. The amount of time required to double list and keep in sync by hand is just not worth it to me. Hope they fix things that matter to me but to be honest, i doubt it.
  • HipStamp has been acquired by Taco Bell. It makes sense.
  • Yo quiero Hipie Stamp!
  • I hadn't planed on making comments concerning the issues, but I guess HipStamp wanted me too. I was in my store and just edited a listing. After saving it, this page pops up. Just to make sure that I wasn't crazy, I went back and again edited the same listing with the same result. Back to this page. The work-around. Back arrow to previous page 3 times.
  • The site is not working at all. Cannot get an image to upload. Is there any alternative site or are we forced to go back to Feebay? I really do not want to do that. MARK, WHERE ARE YOU??
  • DO I really want to pay for another years subscription on a site this poor?
  • John Eckhardt,

Thanks for the info. I did an edit of one item yesterday and was forwarded to a completely random page after saving the edit. I wanted to check my edit so had to click numerous times to get back to that particular item. I avoided making any more edits due to that issue. I will now use your work-around to perform any needed edits, tedious though it may be.

Very interesting that there have been no comments whatsoever by those in charge in regards to the issues with the new interface. I am also curious as to why they thought a new interface was necessary. A reason (less clicks) was at least given for the change to new item entry form when that change was made a while back. That change was minor compared to this interface change and remember all the issues that arose from that change? But at least that change only affected those trying to list new items for sale; this change affects both sellers and buyers.

I personally like a very consistent website in appearance and function. I don't see the need for constant change. Microsoft also upset me with their continuous changes to both Windows and Office. I have stuck with Windows 7 shortly after it came out and dread eventually having to change to some newer version. Microsoft Office I avoid, long ago having settled on Wordperfect and Quattro Pro as my word editing and spreadsheet programs. Though Corel has made many changes to those two programs over the past several decades to handle changes Microsoft has made to Windows and Office (they operate in a Windows environment and have remained compatible with the Office programs), the interfaces and basic function of those two programs have remained the same over that time, making them easy to use.
  • What good is a site for sellers when you cannot list an item?
  • The attitude of the programmers right now is REALLY quite offensive. How long do I wait before I abandon this crap?
  • The CONTACT US link is quite unworkable. Is that a surprise. Actually NO
  • I wrote several times since last week, and they did answer all my messages except the last one.... Now I'm waiting to see if something will happen.
  • Ok...so what did they say/
  • edited January 2022 0 LikesVote Down
    Working now and I do not know why. Not a very helpful bunch here, except for the forums. What is with this desire to keep us in the dark?
  • It all started when a pair of Hipstamp office tongs went missing
    depositphotos_13377036-stock-photo-man-computer-problem
  • Down again
  • What a hopeless, frustrating site.
    made me log in again.. on chrome.. i spoke too soon! :-) cant this site's programmers figure out how to do a secure login that last at least a day? without 3rd party cookies or a time out (auto log out) set for less than a day?
    Well the menu icon top right is gone, so now all the orders people have placed I can't get to them. patient is wearing thin, maybe tomorrow I will start looking for another site.
  • @Michael Generali I did find one issue with the bulk lister: Yesterday the image upload button would not activate in the Brave browser, but it worked in Chrome. Today, the button would activate in neither Brave nor Chrome, but it worked in Edge.
  • You kneaux....a couple observations/thoughts...The new site has been "up" for around a week now. I've been listing items every day since and I just haven't had any of issues being described by others. I don't know why though. I can say that I do not like aspects of the new format. Mostly because the links I seem to use the most are located in very inconvenient places. Forum link, stores link, etc. Why not put those in the member dropdown where most everything else is? Easy to do of course coding-wise. Another thought, and I could be wrong, it seems that there may be some browser compatibility problems or maybe browser cache issues with the new site. I'm not a coder but some of these issues seem familiar to me. Like some others have said, I'll adapt from my store side. But I am still a bit concerned about the customer facing experience. If the new site is off-putting to the customer (and I have little evidence of that but it seems possible), then the site might be cutting off its nose to spite its face. Or biting the hands that feeds it. Or....well....you know. I really don't know why I haven't experienced the issues others have and I hope they do get resolved for you. Change for the sake of change is not always a good thing. Anyway, my 2c (at this point).
  • Mark is:

homo non est hic
  • Greg,

I am not sure if you realize that under the menu tab, those are all links to the most used pages. There are 17 different links that you only have to click that link and it will you directly to that page. Under the old way you had to go into members area and then start going to the pages your looking for. Now you can go directly to your order page, feedback, messages without having to go the members area first. They simplified it a bit on those 17 items. Under that tab is a link to your store. Under that menu tab is a line that has a list of cats and also stores. The stores are directly under the menu tab. That also is a link that will take you to the main store page.
  • edited January 2022 0 LikesVote Down
    michael- nothing like that exist on my site link under menu- sio i assume this is only for sellers? 8 categories exist on my site with chrome.
    Home, Messages, Member areas , Feedback, watching and favorites, bids , purchases, sign out

i hope i am missing something here? or are the extra pages linked to store related items and only for store owners?

I have no stores here as they are closed due to the ebay sync failure

I might add that that tab is handy, regardless of the lack of options for buyers, maybe allow "later"... to add via a hipstamp customize list- to the tab?
  • Jerry I also use Chrome. Only 9 appear on mine; however you can use the scroll tab on the right of the screen to see the remaining categories. Also, thanks for your recent purchase.
    Thanks John, and I appreciate the material you offer. :-)
    also, I do think there are a lot of positive things about the new site :-) and this tab is pretty nice